+ Reply to Thread
Page 301 of 306 FirstFirst ... 201 251 291 299 300 301 302 303 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,020 of 6114

Thread: What are you Playing?

Default Re: What are you Playing?

I think even if you prepare yourself for them you're still going to be surprised how many there are and how long they are.

Also if your MGS4 is a non-Legacy copy you can play Metal Gear Online 2 again when it comes back up next month.

I beat another level in Turok 2.

I just beat Dragon Quest 8 and Zelda!

Zelda's relatively empty open world kinda started to drag on me after a hundred hours.

Tried playing a UFO mission in X-COM Apocalypse in real time and it's pretty hard to do it well. I lost three people to mostly stupid deaths like forgetting to heal them. I also don't understand how some of the mechanics work in real time. Like psi powers. In turn based they take effect immediately but it takes a few seconds in real time for them to actually work even after you trigger them which let an alien kill one of my people in between the time I triggered the psi power to when it actually happened. There really needs to be an RTS-like marquee selection too because selecting soldiers without pausing the time is pretty much impossible with the normal select.

MGS4 was pretty good. Definitely more movie than game, but it was a nice conclusion(?) to the Solid Snake storyline.

Anyway, playing Suikoden II now. It's been years since I played the first one and I barely remember any of it, so hopefully that won't affect my enjoyment of part 2.

Back to playing SMT4:Final a bit weird after almost exclusively sinking the last few weeks into Dragonquest 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Got two more levels left in Turok 2. The Blind Ones level was a chore to play. It took me a while of accidentally backtracking to understand how the level's drops and teleporters were laid out.

Got a PS4 last thursday, and bought two games so far:

Nier: Automata:

Spoiler:
    I finished the first playthrough of this and started the second. My feelings on this game went back and forth a bunch, and it's ending up mixed.

The centra mechanic is interesting and fun. Action RPG/bullet hell is cool, and when they utilize it, it's a lot of fun. I particularly like the more scripted segments where they shift your controls pretty gracefully with the camera perspective. Unfortunately it gets bogged down by the large emphasis on close quarters combat, which is dull, and easy to cheese. It's also at odds with itself when you can pick off enemies from a distance with no risk. The 9S playthrough has a lot more bullet hell segments, but ones that are completely removed from the action. It doesn't often find a happy balance, which is unfortunate since it has a lot of potential.

The narrative is something that I hope improves. The first playthrough feels like a bunch of set pieces strung together without much relation. The pieces can be really cool, like the factory bit, the amusement park, and the copied city, but there's little really holding it together. Like the amusement park isn't given a lot of thought or story, it's just a place that you go to fight an evil robot. That's just used to get you on the good side of the good robot, who brings you to the segment in his village, and you don't need to go back to the park again. This sort of thing is pervasive and hurts any attempts at storytelling. The part that made me call out 'what?' was the point where the game gives us a scene of Eve sitting at a table and crying. Until this point, which is at the very end of the first playthrough, you always see the story through 2B's eyes. Shifting to an omniscient perspective there is so jarring that I think it was only included at all to try and connect the previous segment (where you fight through a malicious robot suicide cult) and the final one (where you fight a guy who's brother you killed at some point earlier in the game). There's just no flow here whatsoever.

All that said, the game's still been pretty enjoyable. For some reason, despite all of my gripes, it's hard to put down. The flaws have just been staring me in the face the whole time.

Everything:

Spoiler:
    This is a weird one. It's a free exploration game in which you explore the world by becoming everything in it. You can go from being an animal to an atom to an entire galaxy in the blink of an eye. The actual 'gameplay' is sort of minimal. You can become nearby things that are bigger or smaller than you, flock with similar things, and eventually just transform into anything at whatever scale you are (like an atom-sized trombone, or a goat as big as a galaxy). It's pretty short, but really addictive for what it is. It's fun going on a journey, searching the universe for all sorts of things. There's a cut up lecture that you're presented recordings of that is about everything in the universe being a singular entity, instead of separate parts, and I think it enhances the experience. That sorta stuff can be pretentious, but I think it does a good job in giving a point to the exploration, as well as providing a backdrop for it. I wish each thing you could be had something it could do, like some rudimentary AI and collision that let the objects you become interact in a way more meaningful than providing some nonsensical thought. I realize that it would have been really ambitious, but I think it would do better to drive home the point of the lecture if you could do something like go from being a predator to its prey. Still, I did really enjoy the experience, and think it was worth the price of admission. If nothing else, it's a unique experience, and even after you're done with it, you can just let the thing autoplay and have fun seeing where the AI brings the game.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Got a PS4 last thursday, and bought two games so far:
    Funny, I just got myself a PS4 today. I won't be playing it right away since I'm already in the middle of another game, but I did get the Uncharted 4 bundle, although I think I'd like to play the first three Uncharted games first.

I beat Turok 2 yesterday. The last boss was kind of disappointing and easy. Might just be since I was playing with kb+m rather than an N64 controller though. Great game, if a bit tedious in some levels. Great shooting and gore though, with fun weapons.

I'm finishing off my japanese living pokedex in Sun and doing the postgame in Dragon Quest 8.

Discovered Stowaway Rocco_Modern's Avatar

Persona 5, baby! Been getting my a$$ mopped since Friday, and I'm loving it! Definitely the most brutal HARD mode in the series.
    Try your best to be a man and your worst to be a monster

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Finally got a copy of Breath of the Wild. Only a little ways in and I'm already enthralled XD

Baywatch got nothin' on me The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar

Playing Final Fantasy XV in Japanese w/English subs.

Already reached Chapter 3 and it's nice to see greenery after being in a desert area for so long. Prompto and Gladiolus are definitely my favorites in the party.
    The faces of a Straw Hat.

Found my copy of Meteos for the DS and have been playing that. Looked in the stats too and it says I first turned the game on in July 2005 which is cool to see. I don't even remember going to buy it. Also saw I have like 25 hours played in it which surprises me.

I started playing Tarzan for Game Gear; never thought I'd have to draw my own map for the first level in a platformer.

Not firelord ozai or zuko firelord111's Avatar

Warcarft 3 (again)

By fire be purged

Making my way through the increasingly annoying boss gauntlet that is Memories Lane in Dragon Quest 8.

Finally started a game in Dominions 4. Pretty simple game more or less but has a lot of depth to it too if you get good at it. Even on easy I was losing quite a bit at the beginning but I'm pretty overpowered now and have lots of gold.

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

Going over my game collection and with summer approaching I was hoping I can put some of them away in the "Completed" section. Going to stream them, if anyone would like me to start with a certain game I leave the playthroughs recordings on twitch. Note that if you suggest a game that has sequels then I would complete the sequels after I finish the game. I am just putting a portion of the entire list. Anyways, if anyone wants to watch a stream, or suggest a game "i must have played already" *all these games are old* then thank you. Have a good weekend.

Game List:

Mass Effect - Mass Effect 2 [Replay - Blind run]
    Valdis Story [I completed a lot, but never finished and I might have lost my data]
    Bioshock - Bioshock 2 - Bioshock Infinite [ All blind]
    The Bridge [ Blind]
    Capsized [ Blind]
    Child of Light [Started not completed]
    Crypt of the Necrodancer [ Blind]
    Crysis - Crysis Warhead [All blind]
    Darksiders [Blind]
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution [Blind]
    Devil May Cry 3: [Replay]
    Dustforce [Played not completed]
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim [Blind]
    F.E.A.R /Extraction Point / Perseus Mandate / Fear 2 [All blind]
    Far Cry - Far cry 2 - Far Cry 3 [All blind]
    Hack 'n' Slash [ Blind]
    Jet Set Knights [ Blind]
    Just Cause 2 [Not completed]
    Kindgom Rush [Not completed]
    Never Alone [Blind]
    Nimbus [Blind]
    Prince of Persia/ Prince of Persia Warrior Within / Prince of Persia Two Thrones [ All blind]
    This War of Mine [Blind]
    Super House of dead Ninjas [Not completed]
    Sword of the Stars: The pit [Blind]
    Warp [Blind]
    The Witcher - The Witcher 2 [ Blind - Not completed]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information