+ Reply to Thread
Page 313 of 314 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 311 312 313 314 LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,260 of 6278

Thread: What are you Playing?

Default Re: What are you Playing?

Got some more time recently to finish up some games.

Completed Castlevania - Lament of Innocence (ps2) - All items etc.
    Platforming isn't that good. Crappy ps2 camera. Decent combat. Amazing soundtrack, some great tunes in there.

Completed Horizon - Zero Dawn (Platinum)
    Absolutely loved the combat in this one. Looks absolutely stunning, and i don't care for graphics normally.
    Storywise, heavy intrigued by the Lore. Can't wait to play the DLC and discover more about this world.
    Guerilla created a great base here. Hope they expand upon this by adding more weapons, improved melee and more rideable mounts. (Glinthawk please)

Completed Zelda - BotW (All Memories, Armors, Upgrades, build a certain village etc.)
    I have stranged mixed feeling about this. It sure had it's amazing moments ..but it didn't blow me away like i'd expected.
    Loved climbing everything. Alot of great places to explore. So many way to interact with the world.
    But my main problem lies with the way this game rewards my explorations.
    Everything weapon you find seems less special because of the durability system. It seems pointless in way.
    Korok seeds become useless after a while, so don't they don't serve any real purpose anymore.
    The only thing left is the extra heart/stamina containers.
    I just wish there were more things to find. Like a cool gadget/Magic Spell/Ocarina Song or something, Like in the past Zelda games.
    Speaking of which, where did the awesome classic dungeons go?
    And what happened to the amazing Soundtrack those games used to have.
    Maybe my expectations were just to hight, with all the "Best Game of all Time" reactions i read on the internet
    Windwaker and Ocarina are probably still my favorite Zelda games.

Xbox: Gaiyae
    Psn id:
    Gaiyae
    3ds FC: 3609 - 1026 - 9535

Started on A Hat in Time. I have a feeling the game won't be that long, but it is pretty fun. Controls are pretty good and fun to just mess around with. Game looks great too. Just wish I could turn the dof off since it's annoyed me ever since I first saw gameplay footage.

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

Currently playing Cuphead on Steam. Made it into the city but man the game gets fucking hard by the boss! No complaints here though! I love some genuinely challenging action. The game's art and music is incredible too! Also, it's priced at fair value: $20.00. Definitely a pick-me-up game!

Just started playing Rayman 3 that I got for free from xbox's games with gold. I played the second one way back in the day and loved it, so I'm hoping this one will do it justice.

I picked up Dark Souls 3 for $5 last weekend and have beaten a chunk of the game now. The Abyss Watchers fight was basically a PSA that I should be using my shield lol. It only took me two attempts at being completely defensive to win. The total amount of attempts will stay a secret

I haven't played the other Souls games but compared to Bloodborne, the random enemies in Dark Souls 3 are way more punishing. The bosses are a tad easier so far. Before Abyss Watchers they haven't done that much damage yet.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

I started the Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga remake tonight. So far it's been what I've expected, that being a nice romp down memory lane. I've only completed Stardust Field, but I am enjoying the face-lift the background scenery of the game has gotten, and as with the other 3DS Mario and Luigi games the sprite work for characters and enemies is just as fun to watch in motion as ever, and all at 60 FPS too!

While none of the common enemies have posed even a whiff of danger to me so far since I know what's coming, I did do rather poorly on the Tolstar battle because my muscle memory from the GBA title keeps kicking in despite the fact that the timing on all the old attacks is different now, so I kept getting hit by stuff I should've easily dodged and kept whiffing Bros Attacks. Good thing you have he option to practice them at least.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Wanted to buy a game to relieve some stress and picked between Cuphead, Divnity: Original Sin 2 and Danganronpa V3.

Chose Cuphead and I'm regretting it. Not because it's hard, but because playing it on a keyboard sucks and my hand hurts worse than after a five-hour drawing session. And I don't have to money to buy a controller (or any of the other games for that matter). I'm also wondering If I'm just plain bad at games like that. For some reason keeping track of shooting, moving, jumping and lock at the same time confuses my brain. Hopefully a controller will fix it, I really want to enjoy it.

I feel like none of those games would relieve stress.

Still enjoying A Hat in Time. Managed to beat the mafia race without the "required" hat. Took a while though.

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    I haven't played the other Souls games but compared to Bloodborne, the random enemies in Dark Souls 3 are way more punishing. The bosses are a tad easier so far. Before Abyss Watchers they haven't done that much damage yet.
    Bloodbourne, while not *easier* perse, was a bit more forgiving than the other Souls games since it's combat was designed with fast action in mind and built in healing. The other games are a bit more insistent you pay attention and be careful, they're more designed towards careful defensive play.

(At least until you've played an area enough you can just run through it and ignore everything entirely.)

I always found Bloodborne the harder game because the enemies are faster and the patterns far more erratic and unpredictable. The limited healing items is what really pushes it for me though, at least Estus in Dark Souls replenishes.

(Of course nothing is harder than the bullshit dlc area in DS2 where you have to trek across a frozen wasteland through super tanky magic missile deer to fight two giant tigers).
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

Cup Head is so addicting. Only 3 achievements left, beating all bosses on hard, beating a aeroplane level shooting mini bullets only, and beating King Dice taking no damage. For now I think it's time to take a break and play something more relaxing, so started up a Hat in Time. Spent 10 minutes just messing around in the little opening, having fun getting use to the controls. Love the style so far, and if the first area is considered the most boring area, then I think I will end up loving this game. Glad to know that even when I finish this game, there will be more content released in the future.

I was just watching some speed runs of Cuphead and it's amazing how much you can destroy bosses with the right weapon strats. I never thought to constantly alternate between primary/secondary fire. And one-cycling King Dice, wtf. But yeah I had a blast playing through on co-op. Unfortunately co-op definitely seems a lot harder, partly due to balance / adapting to which player a boss attacks (and keeping track of who's who <_< ) but also bugs. For example having two people parrying the same object is a nightmare at times, not to mention game-breaking stuff. I would love going for S ranks and such, but I have so much to play already and I'll settle for watching Noqanky's solo attempts.

Had to watch a speed run, and yeah, it's insane how the guy beat all but one of the bosses in just under 28 minutes (the one I watched was any %, so final fight didn't happen). I know I made things harder on myself by using pretty much only the standard shot, changing only for a few bosses where that shot was much harder to use. Can't say anything about bugs for co-op, but for the little bit I did for co-op, after the first few bosses it did feel harder, mainly from two players getting you distracted from your own character at times. I'm definitely going to beat all the bosses on hard mode, but getting all S ranks will be a different story.

I'm currently on the journey to get S in all bosses and P in all run and guns, and yea, it's fairly challenging. Spent almost two hours on just the frogs in the first world.

That said, it's really really fun, feels super good how you see yourself getting better, and extends my playtime with a game that is just seriously still super fun to me.
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

Started playing Ori and the blind forest and the game is far too pretty for my humble laptop to handle. Still I bumped down the resolution and V sync to continue on because the movement in this game just feels so good. Just picked up the double jump and it feels so fun to be navigating through the forest. My onky issue so far is that health pick ups, energy pickups, enemy attacks and my own attacks all kind of look the same as they are just energy balls that are only differentiated by colour so it can get a bit confusing at times. Still having fun switching between this and Cuphead

I'm collecting all six Painkachu.

Finished Subcon Forest in A Hat In Time. Except the time rift levels. The boss fights are great.

Keep playing Nioh eventhough I beat the main story and most of the DLC's and in the process keep discovering a lot of bullshit with the difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Slowly been getting through the Bosses in Cuphead on hard mode. The junkyard boss is the hardest one for me, and when I decide to go for S ranks on everyone, that is the one I dread the most. That said, looking back on the journey it's impressive to think how well built this game is. The game is hard, but they do build up overtime, not just throw everything at you at once. It does quite well teaching you basic mechanics that you need to master before throwing in more bullet hell type situations where you have to be really aware of your surroundings at all times.

On another note, I finished a Hat in Time and got all the time pieces. Getting all 40 pieces took me between 11 and 12 hours, and while I would've liked the game to be longer, I loved the entire play through. Having recently replayed Donkey Kong 64 and Mario 64, having a 3D platformer where the camera doesn't fight you, and the jumping is smooth and everything just works well was a god send. Throw in distinct worlds with memorable set ups and the writing, and some fun boss fights, it's definitely one of my favorites this year. Looking forward to the stretch goal worlds, whenever those come out.

I also just finished A Hat In Time and it was great. Still have a few time rift time pieces to get. I'm at about 14 hours right now. Saw some complaining about Alpine Skyline not really having a story when compared to the other levels but it had some of the most satisfying platforming in the entire game and has a great theme to it. Overall very satisfied as a backer and hope the team makes enough money to make another game, whether it's a sequel or something else.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information