+ Reply to Thread
Page 317 of 319 FirstFirst ... 217 267 307 315 316 317 318 319 LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,340 of 6365

Thread: What are you Playing?

  1. #6321
    Meow! :) Ekila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States.

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    I have been playing Final Fantasy IX, and I have been figuring out the card game that they have in there. It was pretty confusing, but I'm starting to understand how it works. It seems I have to remember what the defenses/attack of the card is, though I do wish, that it was shown in the card selection screen or something; to save some time and all that. Oh well! o:


    Avatar: Series: Kantai Collection; Character: Shigu; Artist: Ikura Nagisa


  2. #6322

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Finally completed Cuphead - doing S-rank on all bosses and P (pacifist) on all run and gun levels.

    It's probably one of the hardest things I've done in games this year, and I'm happy to be done. Some of my times were also pretty good, don't think any broke WR but they're still pretty solid. Tried my best to play with speed strats in mind and it really pushed me to get better. Plane levels and the Devil were particularly nasty.

    Now for victory sleep!
    Like that I don't shut up about games? Here's my game design blog
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4


  3. #6323

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekila View Post
    I have been playing Final Fantasy IX, and I have been figuring out the card game that they have in there. It was pretty confusing, but I'm starting to understand how it works. It seems I have to remember what the defenses/attack of the card is, though I do wish, that it was shown in the card selection screen or something; to save some time and all that. Oh well! o:
    I've played through FFIX probably four times. All four times, I was like, "hey, I should learn the card game this time," played two rounds, realized/remembered it had no positive bearing on the game and wasn't nearly as good as Triple Triad, and quit.

    ...though now I'm having flashbacks to trying to get all the rules manipulated on Triple Triad. Man, I put too much time and thought into video games in my youth.

  4. #6324

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    I'm playing Doom and Ittle Dew 2+ on Switch. It's my first time playing a shooter on a console (and first modern shooter), so this should be interesting.

  5. #6325

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    I'm playing Doom and Ittle Dew 2+ on Switch. It's my first time playing a shooter on a console (and first modern shooter), so this should be interesting.
    Doom is surprisingly great. It's a good choice for a first entry back into the genre, since it's pretty stripped down to the basics and fun.

  6. #6326

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Finally completed Cuphead - doing S-rank on all bosses and P (pacifist) on all run and gun levels.

    It's probably one of the hardest things I've done in games this year, and I'm happy to be done. Some of my times were also pretty good, don't think any broke WR but they're still pretty solid. Tried my best to play with speed strats in mind and it really pushed me to get better. Plane levels and the Devil were particularly nasty.

    Now for victory sleep!
    Dang I missed it. That boss really put you through hell

  7. #6327

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Finally completed Cuphead - doing S-rank on all bosses and P (pacifist) on all run and gun levels.

    It's probably one of the hardest things I've done in games this year, and I'm happy to be done. Some of my times were also pretty good, don't think any broke WR but they're still pretty solid. Tried my best to play with speed strats in mind and it really pushed me to get better. Plane levels and the Devil were particularly nasty.

    Now for victory sleep!
    What ended up being your death count and total play time in the end? After attempting Hilda Berg and getting no where after an hour, it was definitely not a challenge I was up for, so massive props for completing such a game.

    Lately, I've been off and on playing two games. The first one is Zwei: The Illvard Insurrection, a dungeon crawler game where you eat food to level up and play between two characters, a warrior type and a mage type. Pretty fun game with a lot of charm and quirky characters.

    I've also been obsessed playing Super Metroid with the Item Randomizer. I tried doing a speed run seed, but the skill requirement to get to the abandoned ship with no speed boost or grapple beam was too much for me. As for the various casual run plays, there was one where I played through and never found the spacejump, so I really learned how to wall jump like a pro in that run. Also had a run where I went to Crocomire without the Varia suit. It's definitely got me to learn where all the items are, and appreciate the skills of speed runners even more.

  8. #6328

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post
    What ended up being your death count and total play time in the end? After attempting Hilda Berg and getting no where after an hour, it was definitely not a challenge I was up for, so massive props for completing such a game.
    Well, technically the death count for the S-rank run is pretty low, maybe a dozen at most... but that's because the way S-rank works, the run is dead the second you get hit, which is where you just restart. Therefore, what that fountain tells me in regards of deaths fails to really convey how much trouble each boss gave me. The number the fountain gives me would me 95% deaths from my co-op run with foo in regular.

    In terms of time, steam tells me I'm at 64 hours with the game. Notably tough bosses were Hilda Berg and Wally Warbles, each taking two hours each; Dr. Kahl's robot taking a stupid 6-7 hours, until I slept it off, then came back the next day and got him with cheese strats pretty quickly; King Dice taking two hours, but then part of what takes long in that is having to redo the mini-bosses; and then the Devil, who took about 4 hours and thirty minutes, after not one but TWO TIMES of getting hit at the same exact frame in which I killed him, which is one of the most gigantic slaps in the face this game can give.

    Outside of those bosses everything else felt manageable, though a couple (Cala Maria, Cpt. Brineybeard, Phantom Express, Rumour Honeybottoms) I would not want to have to do again given just how much reliance on RNG they involve. And then there's Werner Werman, who I killed without damage the first time and had to retry for like five to ten more minutes just to get a good roll on the cycles in order to get 3 parries in the beginning.
    Like that I don't shut up about games? Here's my game design blog
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4


  9. #6329

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Well, I've begun my playthrough of the Phantasy Star series, starting with the very first one.

    So, a female protagonist. Quite progressive, but, unfortunately, the gameplay isn't. Most of the first hour or so has just been me grinding just so I can even stand a chance against the common baddies.

    Also, while most JRPGs at the time (i.e. FF and DQ) were doing medieval fantasy, this one has a futuristic setting. Pretty cool.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Oh yes, and of course the FPV dungeons. That's...different.

  10. #6330
    Meow! :) Ekila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States.

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    I've played through FFIX probably four times. All four times, I was like, "hey, I should learn the card game this time," played two rounds, realized/remembered it had no positive bearing on the game and wasn't nearly as good as Triple Triad, and quit.

    ...though now I'm having flashbacks to trying to get all the rules manipulated on Triple Triad. Man, I put too much time and thought into video games in my youth.
    Ah, I see. I read online, that people did not like this card game as much as Triple Triad. Though, it has been a while since I played Final Fantasy VIII, so I don't remember the rules much. Also, what do you mean by manipulation? O.o


    Avatar: Series: Kantai Collection; Character: Shigu; Artist: Ikura Nagisa


  11. #6331

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekila View Post
    Ah, I see. I read online, that people did not like this card game as much as Triple Triad. Though, it has been a while since I played Final Fantasy VIII, so I don't remember the rules much. Also, what do you mean by manipulation? O.o
    There were certain rules in each region of FFVIII--for example, what would happen in a tie, or if cards were chosen before a match or at random--that could through overly complicated methods be spread to a different region. So, for some of the latter regions with difficult rules, there was a complicated process for getting those rules changed to easier ones that was, uh, maybe just as difficult. Basically the Chocobo Breeding of FFVIII.

    But the card game itself was pretty solid.

  12. #6332

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Well, I've begun my playthrough of the Phantasy Star series, starting with the very first one.
    Good luck. The story is decent but the games haven't aged terribly well in terms of gameplay, design, or graphics. (4 still looks okay, but even it is super dated.)

    They're also reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally long games.

  13. #6333

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    I've got a lot of games to games to catch up on after I return home from Deployment. Far Cry 4 (and 5), The Last of Us Remastered, Arkham Knight, the entire Uncharted series...

    Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 0
    Concepts to Complete: Plot Summary, Character Biographies
    Twitch / Blogspot


  14. #6334

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Well, I've begun my playthrough of the Phantasy Star series, starting with the very first one.

    So, a female protagonist. Quite progressive, but, unfortunately, the gameplay isn't. Most of the first hour or so has just been me grinding just so I can even stand a chance against the common baddies.

    Also, while most JRPGs at the time (i.e. FF and DQ) were doing medieval fantasy, this one has a futuristic setting. Pretty cool.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Oh yes, and of course the FPV dungeons. That's...different.
    Two tips: make maps of the dungeons (or use maps online) and grind like hell.
    You can't possibly make your way through all of the dungeons by memory.

    Also, the translations for Phantasy Star 1 and 2 are pretty bad, so you should use the fan re-translations.

  15. #6335

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    They're also reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally long games.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Two tips: make maps of the dungeons (or use maps online) and grind like hell.
    You can't possibly make your way through all of the dungeons by memory.

    Also, the translations for Phantasy Star 1 and 2 are pretty bad, so you should use the fan re-translations.
    Thanks. Good to know. Unfortunately though, I did buy Phantasy Star I & II off the Wii shop, so it would seem kind of a waste to just use fan-translated versions now.

  16. #6336
    Meow! :) Ekila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States.

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    There were certain rules in each region of FFVIII--for example, what would happen in a tie, or if cards were chosen before a match or at random--that could through overly complicated methods be spread to a different region. So, for some of the latter regions with difficult rules, there was a complicated process for getting those rules changed to easier ones that was, uh, maybe just as difficult. Basically the Chocobo Breeding of FFVIII.

    But the card game itself was pretty solid.
    Ah, I see. I remember that now! I think I tried to get ones with little rules, so I could get all the cards. (I never beat the game, I should get it again in the future!)


    The talk about Phantasy Star, I never played the main RPGs, only the online ones. (Hopefully, one day I play the originals!) Where do the online games fit in terms of story? Or they are a complete different entity?


    Avatar: Series: Kantai Collection; Character: Shigu; Artist: Ikura Nagisa


  17. #6337

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    I wish I was playing Ys8 which already arrived over here but didn't have a chance yet to crack it open.

  18. #6338

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    I wish I was playing Ys8 which already arrived over here but didn't have a chance yet to crack it open.
    If you enjoy it half as much as I did, it will still be worth the wait.
    Hang in there, Kierkegaard.

  19. #6339
    Must've been rats Sakonosolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Homey Airport

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Getting annoyed at almost every MGO2 TSNE room saying no rushing, which basically means no playing the objective. At least my aim has gotten a little better but I still can almost never hit anything. I wasn't that good before it was shut down but still a lot better than I am now.

  20. #6340

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Did every last thing in Mario Odyssey except 100 jumpropes, currently working on S-ranks in Cuphead, and Horizon Zero Dawn and Persona 5 are sitting on the to-do pile...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 2 guests)

  1. Black Leg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts