+ Reply to Thread
Page 323 of 323 FirstFirst ... 223 273 313 321 322 323
Results 6,441 to 6,450 of 6450

Thread: What are you Playing?

Default Re: What are you Playing?

Currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Is anyone planning on getting Monster Hunter World?

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Did you get all 99 beads? And thus do that damned race? And did you do the three challenge caves?

My first time through the game I spent well over a hundred hours. I hunted for everything without guides and just wasted tons of time running around fields and across water for the hell of it.

Even my second time around I probably spent about 60 hours, though a lot of that was fishing and grinding for the poop ability.
    I got like 60 but didn't want to use a guide. No way I was ever gonna get them by myself. What happens if you find all 99? Also are the challenge caves the ones with the Spiders cause I found 2?
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    I got like 60 but didn't want to use a guide. No way I was ever gonna get them by myself. What happens if you find all 99?
    The inventory tell you what areas they're in so you can narrow down where they are pretty reasonably with a "it comes after this location but before this location" method. I found them all myself but that probably added an extra thirty or forty hours to my first game. There's one in the rafters in the opening village that you can get immediately with good jumping skills, (But is much easier with double jump) but took me foreeeeeeever to find. ANother one on one of those dolls where you paint its extra eye to pop it open just never occurred to me. And so on. There's also a couple challenging ones that are impressive to get... like one on the bridge that takes full ink bottles and vine swinging to get to. And then there's that damn race....
    ...or just look at a guide. Probably the better bet. But some of the most interesting challenges of the game are involved in getting those things. Including that damn race.

If you get them you have the satisfaction of doing all the game's challenges, but the actual reward is it completely breaks New Game+. Makes you invincible, gives you infinite ink, and gives you 10x power. (And this is on top of keeping the end-game weapons.) You get the 100th last bead during the credits, so they can't break the first run. ANd any you got the first time carry over if you didn't get them all.

Also are the challenge caves the ones with the Spiders cause I found 2?
    They're in the same locations I think but maybe don't start appearing until later, though you can do the spiders immediately once you can find the caves I think. They're devil gates that have you fight 10 rounds in a row where you fight powered up versions of basically every enemy mob in the game and they get really hard. If you'd done them you would have easily hit the money threshold.

http://okami.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_gate_trial_cave
    Last edited by Robby; January 11th, 2018 at 06:04 AM.

Meow! :)

I have been playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 on Steam. I am really enjoying this game a lot. I love the humor, and honestly the humor is helping me with my depression that I have been having recently. I guess it is like they say "Laughter is the best medicine". Currently, I'm on Chapter 5 in the game, and working again on side quests; before heading to the next part in the main story.

Decided to try Opus Magnum. The game's difficulty goes up pretty quickly. Had a hard time finding a decent solution to like the 4th or 5th actual mission after the tutorial. If there's one thing I've found annoying it's that the game has a time padding mechanic that automatically makes other arms wait if you have the actions set up a certain way and it makes it hard to do something things if you actually do want your arms out of sync. I'd prefer at least having the option to manually pad out time to better micromanage that kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Is anyone planning on getting Monster Hunter World?
    Getting it .

Got Tomb Raider: Underworld for free from Games with Gold on Xbox Live. The 2013 reboot was actually the first entry from the series that I played and since it was a pretty decent game imho, I decided to give this one a try as well.

I think it holds up surprisingly well for a 10 year old game and is surprisingly fun given its difficulty and atmospheric setpieces. My only complaint would be that climbable ledges sometimes are VERY hard to spot (had to look up video guides in order to advance at a couple points only to find out I had run past a climbable ledge multiple times) and there is no cover system, making combat kind of stiff.
    We all float down here!

Little update on Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Finally finished Chapter 6 and got my Skell. And then I immediately proceeded to wreck and have the insurance replace. I've managed to wreck it two more times since and, from what I understand, I'll have to start paying for it from now.

Still, it's worth it since that thing is stupid powerful.

Skells are great. Technically they can't match a good ground build, but they can still be ridiculous (with less effort). AI partners never miss the QTE for Skell destruction so if you give them a Skell when it still has at least 1 insurance point, it'll never wreck. Also if you are at 0 you pretty much might as well sell off the frame and re-buy a fresh one. Replacing insurance is so expensive.

Currently dragging myself through Horizon Zero Dawn.
    The first major segment of the game was fun enough, but after reaching Meridian? Feels like a slog. Sidequests and combat both feel repetitive, and there's little sense of character progression. Just lots of running and trying to jump up mountains with janky hitboxes (BoTW climbing system ruins games like this). Only determined to finish to see where the story goes, at this point.

In the meantime, getting hyped for both Iconoclasts (PS4 indie metroidvania) and Celeste (Meat Boy/Wings of Vi-looking platformer on Switch...and PS4).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information