+ Reply to Thread
Page 326 of 327 FirstFirst ... 226 276 316 324 325 326 327 LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,520 of 6532

Thread: What are you Playing?

Default Re: What are you Playing?

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    7 A is fun, not too hard, and epic, which isn't a word anyone should use lightly, but this warrants it.
    7 B is nightmarish murderville.
    Holy fuck, you weren't kidding. 2 hours, 1231 deaths later, it is complete. I know a lot of those were just not getting the dash jump thing they only explain at the end of everything, plus there's a lot of brutal sections. Please someone show me a deathless for that, that is going to be art.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Holy fuck, you weren't kidding. 2 hours, 1231 deaths later, it is complete. I know a lot of those were just not getting the dash jump thing they only explain at the end of everything, plus there's a lot of brutal sections. Please someone show me a deathless for that, that is going to be art.
    this guy has insane skills but he actually hasn't done 7-B yet!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Zurairofl/videos

(meanwhile, I've got two golden stroobs from 1-A and 2-A that I'm very proud of lol)

And yeah I wasn't a fan of that "here's a new technique that you never even imagined before, explained poorly by a bird"
    Had to look up a video just to grasp what was meant to be done there :P

Only have 6C/7C/8C left, and maybe I'll keep working on getting lower and lower death counts for a while. Not optimistic about getting more goldens, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    this guy has insane skills but he actually hasn't done 7-B yet!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Zurairofl/videos

(meanwhile, I've got two golden stroobs from 1-A and 2-A that I'm very proud of lol)

And yeah I wasn't a fan of that "here's a new technique that you never even imagined before, explained poorly by a bird"
    Had to look up a video just to grasp what was meant to be done there :P

Only have 6C/7C/8C left, and maybe I'll keep working on getting lower and lower death counts for a while. Not optimistic about getting more goldens, though.
    Oh wow, you've been busy. I'm not going to be going for the golden strawberries, since I don't want to leave that task half complete (fuck even thinking of the B-sides lawl). Apparently somebody did it all, though, in a single run (misread on my part), so congrats to them:

Hidden:

I did the exact same thing as you with the dash jump, since I needed a visual example to know what I was even trying to accomplish and what success might look like. I even got past the first few challenges that needed it without full knowing how it worked. It doesn't help that their explanation really doesn't say the right thing. It's not a hard trick once you know how to use it, but it's hard to teach and should have just been left as maybe some advanced speed tech for people to discover.
    Last edited by Wagomu; February 5th, 2018 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    Oh wow, you've been busy. I'm not going to be going for the golden strawberries, since I don't want to leave that task half complete (fuck even thinking of the B-sides lawl). Apparently somebody did it all, though, in a single run (misread on my part), so congrats to them:

I did the exact same thing as you with the dash jump, since I needed a visual example to know what I was even trying to accomplish and what success might look like. I even got past the first few challenges that needed it without full knowing how it worked. It doesn't help that their explanation really doesn't say the right thing. It's not a hard trick once you know how to use it, but it's hard to teach and should have just been left as maybe some advanced speed tech for people to discover.
    Crazy that someone's gotten that good in...less than two weeks? Like I'm no slouch at gamezz but people like that blow me away.
    I'll probably reference that vid for bypasses/routing options...

If you love the hyper wall jump as much as it sounds like you do, get ready for the C-sides haha. 5C demands...five uses of it without pause, IIRC.

------

7C is done. 8C remains
    https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/960728536305737728
    Last edited by CCC; February 6th, 2018 at 07:41 AM.

Carcharodon Piledriver Crossword's Avatar

After playing it in fits and bursts over the past year, I finally finished Dragon Quest VII, and I'm not feeling a sense of accomplishment so much as a sense of relief that it's finally over. I knew it was going to be very long going in, but whoo boy, I was not prepared for how long in the tooth it could truly be. While I think it did have an interesting approach, the core plot and characters were just thin enough to make the game not compelling enough to justify sinking ninety-three hours into it. I actually went "Oh my god, really?" aloud when I thought the post-final boss "victory tour" was literally going to make me revisit every single town in the world and speak with every last NPC, but thankfully the game chickened out on that. Still though, having a forty-five minute ending sequence when there aren't a dozen different plot-and-character-threads left to wrap up is emblemic of the game's pacing problems. The final message from Kiefer was nice though, even if he stopped mattering like sixty-five hours ago.

I also have Dragon Quest VIII in my backlog, and even though I feel and my roommate assures me that I'll enjoy it a lot more than VII, I'm a little Dragon Quested-out right now so it's going to remain there for the time being.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Played a bit of Starfox and Starfox 2 on SNES classic.....why do people like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Attempted the Core today finally in Celeste.

Spoiler:
    Man, I love this game a whole hella lot, but what the fuck is up with this level? I was complaining about how the bumpers are the worst mechanic in the game, so real glad they brought them back and added an equally bad mechanic into the mix with the launching platforms. The fire, ice and lava walls, or even the lack of refresh on the dash wouldn't be so bad if the game had the decency to use better platforms. I racked up a ton of deaths just from hitting a slightly wrong pixel on a bumper and getting knocked into a projectile, or something of that nature.

I did B-7 and tanked 1200+ deaths without even getting all that frustrated, since I knew most of those mistakes were my own and there were clear ways to correct them. In most parts of the game, the paths through the rooms are well laid out, and though they might take some time for you to grasp, theoretically, someone could sightread any given one. With the jumper and launcher mechanics, though, everything is vague. You know you're supposed to be on the side of this thing, but whoops, too high, you're getting launched into the ceiling instead of across the room. Now sprinkle these things as necessary platforms between a constantly moving array of extreme temperature death meteors and you get the Core. This feels like such a misstep compared to the rest. I guess it's mitigated by the fact that it's an optional level, but it's a pretty disappointing end compared to 7.

I thought the core was amazing, and although I wasn't the one playing Nephy didn't seem to have any trouble getting all the mechanics to work favorably (though admittedly enough RNG to make deathless a living hell). I can think of two strawberries (one for bumpers and one for launching platforms) that seemed really precise, but the core mechanic (pun intended) was pretty brilliant.

Now for her to finally get around to B-Sides.

...actually just replayed 8A for funsies/reducing death count (down to 37 lolol)
    Core A gimmicks were def annoying at the time and I still hate bumpers (why do they have to wiggle?) but I think doing C sides numbed me to anything A and B throws at you.
    Agreed about core being a letdown after summit, at least in a visual/ambience sense.
    Also dislike golden feathers since I just can't steer right without switching to the joystick from buttons.

Anyway, first two golden strawbs seems to be my limit. Can't even swing deathless 3A...
    Might try to get death counts a little lower, but otherwise I'm feeling done with Celeste.

Next up is another great game in the climbing-things genre, SoTC.

I just bought both the OST and the B-Sides album on Bandcamp (and paid more than the ask for both). I'd consider paying again for a physical release if it comes with a complete track list.

Playing Overlord on xbox360 at the moment, loving the humor of the game. I think the controls aren't really optimized, but what the heck the game is from 2007^^ still need to collect the blue minions for my evil empire :)
    We all float down here!

Well, after three attempts at the final boss, I finally beat the main story of Xenoblade Chronicles X. Had to max out my main character to lvl. 60 and even then I had to cheese it a bit by refueling my Skell after the Apocalypse Roar attack.

Oh well, onto the post-game!

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    B-Sides album
    I've had B-sides on repeat the past few days of work. Really really good stuff.

3B and 5B in particular are groooovy.
    7 is one of the only ones where I prefer the non-remix, with all the cool different instrumentations depending on the zone...

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I just bought both the OST and the B-Sides album on Bandcamp (and paid more than the ask for both). I'd consider paying again for a physical release if it comes with a complete track list.

Well shit...

Kinda wish there was going to be a CD set, since I don't have a turntable... (also she had to shorten "Reach for the Summit" to make it fit on vinyl, which is lame)

Can't pass up that literal cassette tape though.

It's coming out on Vinyl and Cassette but not CD? Are Cassettes making a comeback?

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    It's coming out on Vinyl and Cassette but not CD? Are Cassettes making a comeback?
    Blame Guardians of the Galaxy.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Cassettes never really died in underground music. Weird to see them coming to the mainstream, though, from being things obscure black metal bands did to make their already lo-fi music even more lo-fi and obscure.

As far as Celeste goes, though, it has to do with how B-sides are cassettes in-game. Also how B-side is a term they lifted from records and cassettes.

I just assumed there was going to be a CD version. If not I'm not buying it, sadly. Can't remember the last time I had a cassette player, and while I do have a turntable it's more hassle than it's worth and I'm honestly not willing to support this stupid trend of modern limited-release game soundtracks only releasing on Vinyl.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information