+ Reply to Thread
Page 334 of 335 FirstFirst ... 234 284 324 332 333 334 335 LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,680 of 6692

Thread: What are you Playing?

  1. #6661

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Xenoblade Chronicles: I've spent nearly 12 hours of this game running around obsessively hunting down sidequests, and I still only just reached Gaur Plains and just have Shulk and Reyn in my party.

    So yeah, It's pretty darn good.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

  2. #6662
    Button Pusher Shift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Anyone playing Dragalia Lost? Just got into it during the big raid event, and once I got over the learning curve, it was pretty enjoyable. My ID is 97617932505 if anyone wants to add me to their friend list.



    Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

  3. #6663
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    I was in the Fallout 76 beta. However, due to sickness and difficulty optimizing the game on my comp, I barely got to play. By the end I was level 7 and my best weapon was a pitchfork. I feel I made a mistake preordering this.

    On the plus side, I will say it's shockingly bug free for a Fallout game. The only glitch I saw was that one where an enemy's model stretches an obscene amount. Good times.
    That's the single-player mode, is it? Is there still a huge overworld map like in 3, New Vegas and 4? If so I'll probably pick it up at some point. I have zero interest in the multiplayer aspect.

  4. #6664

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    That's the single-player mode, is it? Is there still a huge overworld map like in 3, New Vegas and 4? If so I'll probably pick it up at some point. I have zero interest in the multiplayer aspect.
    Well, there's just one mode really. You play it online, but you can ignore the other players to a good extent. As for the map, I barely got a chance to travel outside the beginner area but it's supposedly bigger than the others.

  5. #6665
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    Well, there's just one mode really. You play it online, but you can ignore the other players to a good extent. As for the map, I barely got a chance to travel outside the beginner area but it's supposedly bigger than the others.
    So internet connection is required even if you don't want to use online functions? I hate how they force you to do that even if you're not interested in any multiplayer or anything like that.

  6. #6666

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    So internet connection is required even if you don't want to use online functions? I hate how they force you to do that even if you're not interested in any multiplayer or anything like that.
    Well it's a multiplayer game. It's not a single player Fallout like the ones before. You're supposed to meet other players although you can play alone of course.
    You should probably watch some videos on it before you consider buying it. A big difference to the other games is f. e. that there are no Npcs and there is no real plot to follow.
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

  7. #6667

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Just recently got the Spyro Reignited Trilogy and just finished the first game and boy that was a weirdly designed (and written) game.

    None of the levels or bosses felt particularly difficult I did find it odd that Gnasty Gnorc unlike all the other bosses only had to be hit twice to be beaten and he basically keels over like the other "weird" bosses despite being the last.

    The platforming was sketchy in some parts but not Crash Bandicoot levels of "Oh My God How Did I Land Into That Pit?"

    The Flight Levels felt out of place with the rest of the game.

    The logic of the game was very interesting enemies with armor can't be flamed eventhough realistically wearing metal armor heated by flames would likely lead to it's wearer being burned....but hey it's less weird than Spyro being able to smash bulls but unable to smash boars.

    Spyro's dialog when rescuing dragons is not good and some of the advice the dragons give you is equally not good.

    I like how levels don't show up in the guidebook unless you enter them from their hubs once, this led to me thinking I had to beat Gnasty twice to unlock Gnasty's loot unaware that I somehow missed playing through two levels in Artisans.


    On to Ripto's Rage (or Diablo 3).

    Why are all the dragons male....and why do you have to rerescue some of them in the last world?
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; January 10th, 2019 at 06:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  8. #6668

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Not much of what I was playing, but I was rememering my old Sega Genesis, I had 4 carts, for sure Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimate, and Street Figther 2 (just the 12 characters, no Cami or others), and 2 carts with multigames.

    One was a 6 game one that I remember 5: a Tetris, Collums, Klax, Flicky and Shove It.

    And the other was a 4 games that I remember 3: Quack Shot, a Kabuki themed beat em up named mystical-something, and a Golden axe, can't remember wich.

    My cousins had Alien 3, Sonic, Sonic 3d blast, Shinobi, and I got my hands on a loan of Mickey's castle and Altered beast (a little bit)


    Damn, I regret not asking for a SNES back then.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  9. #6669

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    I had both and even a Sega CD (the only game I ever owned for it was Sewer Sharks).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  10. #6670
    Must've been rats Sakonosolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Homey Airport

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    For some reason I got the desire to play Doom, the original. Only ever really played the first map but I'm more than halfway through the first episode now. Also interested in playing some fan made missions at some point. Doom along with Thief are probably the oldest games that still get fan made content. I really like the 3D looking environment with sprints aesthetic. Stuff like Doom, Blood, System Shock, etc. John Romero is releasing a mod for the original Doom soon too apparently.
    Last edited by Sakonosolo; January 10th, 2019 at 11:19 PM.

  11. #6671

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Getting into more of Spyro Ripto's Rage and boy are some of the minigames/missions in this game are bad enough to make the Canary Mary Races and Minecart Mayhem from BT & DK64 look competantly designed.

    My personal favorite was the mission in Fracture Hills where you have to escort the Alchemist to Hunter while the Earthshapers try to thwomp him which is unnecessarily difficult because of the path the Alchemist needs to travel
    ....eventhough all he has to do is veer straight to the left where Hunter's cave is but no apparently someone thought that made far too much sense so let's have have the Alchemist take an unnecessarily long and logistically stupid route to the cave instead.

    And Lord knows how long it took me to finish the cart section on Breeze Harbor because of funny logic that dictates you can't jump over barrels with the cart or shot boxes with the cannon causing me to habitually forget this.


    And the shit with Moneybags isn't too much better hey Spyro why don't you collect all those gems to gain access to a elevator you should be able to ride for free or learn an ability you should either already have access to protect earn with no monetary cost whatsoever.


    The way these games were developed really makes me wonder why people shat on everything that came after YOTD (which unlike the first two games I played the original of and wasn't too fond of certain gameplay aspects, which I've forgotten mostly about so that should be fun to playthrough again).
    Cause honestly from what I've played thus far the Gen one games were not all that great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  12. #6672
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Just recently got the Spyro Reignited Trilogy and just finished the first game and boy that was a weirdly designed (and written) game.

    None of the levels or bosses felt particularly difficult I did find it odd that Gnasty Gnorc unlike all the other bosses only had to be hit twice to be beaten and he basically keels over like the other "weird" bosses despite being the last.

    The platforming was sketchy in some parts but not Crash Bandicoot levels of "Oh My God How Did I Land Into That Pit?"

    The Flight Levels felt out of place with the rest of the game.

    The logic of the game was very interesting enemies with armor can't be flamed eventhough realistically wearing metal armor heated by flames would likely lead to it's wearer being burned....but hey it's less weird than Spyro being able to smash bulls but unable to smash boars.

    Spyro's dialog when rescuing dragons is not good and some of the advice the dragons give you is equally not good.

    I like how levels don't show up in the guidebook unless you enter them from their hubs once, this led to me thinking I had to beat Gnasty twice to unlock Gnasty's loot unaware that I somehow missed playing through two levels in Artisans.


    On to Ripto's Rage (or Diablo 3).

    Why are all the dragons male....and why do you have to rerescue some of them in the last world?
    I'm about halfway through the trilogy now, even though I have all 3 original Spyro games on the PS3. The other two games really streamline things compared to the first one but yeah, the difficulty in 2 and 3 are lesser than the original (which I still have never finished; too much of a completionist to just ignore what gems or eggs I missed before moving on). I feel like they were trying to innovate more with each one but 3 definitely had the most radical changes over 2, which only added a few new moves to his repertoire (but they had to be purchased which was annoying). They could have taken a leaf out of Banjo-Kazooie's book (or the other way around? I forget which came out first) and given him a few extra moves outside of the ones that have to be gotten from activating the magic gates that give him flight or super breath. Like maybe a charge dash where you can do a supercharged run by holding down a button rather than having to find a floor with arrows or magic gate.

    Ripto's Rage will probably quell a lot of whatever issues you may have experienced with the first game. The ability to get an extra boost of height at the end of a glide is, on its own, a great improvement, and there are others like being able to actually swim and dive, plus the characters are more diverse and have a lot more personality.

    As for why all the dragons are male...if you play the third game and see how many damn dragon eggs there are, there may have been a proportional number of complications from the births that adversely affected the mothers, so...but I don't think even in the two games that followed the trilogy before they rebooted the whole mythos, we ever get an explanation. But I guess it's probably more due to the game being from the days before game developers figured out that not everyone who played video games had penises. But then WB canceled Young Justice after season 2 because of a similar sexist excuse...just glad they decided to bring it back after all.

  13. #6673

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    They could have taken a leaf out of Banjo-Kazooie's book (or the other way around? I forget which came out first)
    BK came out a year before RR.



    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Ripto's Rage will probably quell a lot of whatever issues you may have experienced with the first game. The ability to get an extra boost of height at the end of a glide is, on its own, a great improvement,
    Yeah I initially thought the hover sucked but it's been paying off on some platforming parts.


    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    and there are others like being able to actually swim and dive,

    Yes god yes and actually manages to not be tedious like some other games with swimming mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  14. #6674

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    So in my continuing effort to catch up on games I've missed, I'm playing Batman: Arkham Knight.

    I wasn't really sure what to expect since, while people loved Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, people didn't seem to talk too much about this one. But the reviews were pretty good, so I figured I'd give it a shot. And I'm happy to say it is another solid entry in the Arkham series. Missions are still a lot of fun and the Batmobile is a welcome (though rather unwieldy) addition to the gameplay (also, I find it hard to believe that Batman doesn't kill anybody while mowing down cars and people in the street).

  15. #6675

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    I finally have a PS4! I bought Bastion, The Witcher 3, and Bloodborne as my first games for it. Beat the first one, and have been working on the other two

    Bastion: Nice quick little game. Not compelling enough for me to replay to see the other ending though.

    Witcher 3: This is a good game, but there are a lot of small issues that get to me.
    -First, this is my first game in the series, and while I can follow the story just fine (so far), my lack of prior knowledge can make so scenes mildly confusing (example: I didn't realize Vizima was the capital of Nilfgaard until I went there).
    -Second, something about the combat doesn't quite click with me. That seems to be a semi-common complaint, at least from what I've heard. I can't even pin down what it is that's bugging me. It's not like it's outright bad or anything, It's just not something that gets me excited.
    -Third (and this one is admittedly super nitpicky) there have been a-few-too-many instances where I feel like I should be able to climb up a wall/ledge/cliff but just can't, so I end up wasting time. I guess Breath of the Wild's movement mechanics just spoiled me.

    I do genuinely like the story and quests though. I'll probably grow to like it more once I get to the juicier bits since I'm still fairly early.


    Bloodborne: I looooove this game. I am teeeeeerible at this game. Haven't even made it to the first boss, but I'm still having a great time getting my ass kicked. It's the first game I've played in a while that's made me feel genuinely nervous every time I run into a new group of enemies. My only complaint is I wish they let me practice with the starter weapons first. I picked the axe (forgot which gun), but I have no way of knowing if that was the best weapon for me unless I restart and try again. Still, could be a favorite of mine once I git gud.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

  16. #6676

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    RE2 Remake

    Only been in the RPD building 5 minutes and already I've gotten bit twice......derp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  17. #6677
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    RE2 Remake

    Only been in the RPD building 5 minutes and already I've gotten bit twice......derp.
    They still haven't improved any of the problems with using knife attacks, have they? Or did they remove the ability to fall back on using the knife altogether?

  18. #6678

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    They still haven't improved any of the problems with using knife attacks, have they? Or did they remove the ability to fall back on using the knife altogether?
    I don't know what story of the knife is in this game but they function like the daggers from the RE1 remake though you can use them multiple times (though they will break).

    Plus the Zombies in this game are durable enough to the fact that they require multiple headshots to take down. So I couldn't possibly imagine how a knife would work against them though I did notice you can remove a zombie's limbs apparently which I did with the pistol.

    This is probably one of the few RE games where I actually chose to run from zombies
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; February 4th, 2019 at 04:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  19. #6679
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I don't know what story of the knife is in this game but they function like the daggers from the RE1 remake though you can use them multiple times (though they will break).

    Plus the Zombies in this game are durable enough to the fact that they require multiple headshots to take down. So I couldn't possibly imagine how a knife would work against them though I did notice you can remove a zombie's limbs apparently which I did with the pistol.

    This is probably one of the few RE games where I actually chose to run from zombies
    Oh, the old knives would take like 30-50 stabs to kill a single zombie (the knife would never break but you'd always get grabbed and bitten before you got in half a dozen swipes in) but it could be used in certain circumstances to kill them without being reached, like in the early part where you'd be up on a dumpster and they couldn't climb up on it after you, so you could just aim down and kill a handful of them as long as you avoided them barfing on you. They could be avoided but it was easier than trying to weave around them with the god-awful movement controls of the older games. It doesn't sound feasible as a means to save bullets, though, any more than it used to. And yeah, since you were always backtracking through the same areas, it made no sense to leave any zombies alive in the original.

  20. #6680

    Default Re: What are you Playing?

    With Mr X now showing up regardless and chasing you into rooms it makes things even more tedious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts