+ Reply to Thread
Page 335 of 335 FirstFirst ... 235 285 325 333 334 335
Results 6,681 to 6,696 of 6696

Thread: What are you Playing?

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: What are you Playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    With Mr X now showing up regardless and chasing you into rooms it makes things even more tedious.
    If you go into another room, does he give up the chase like in the original or does he follow you into them? Come to think of it it was always pretty stupid that he wouldn't continue following just because you enter a doorway...but then, I never ran away, I always put him down just on principle. I remember the sub machine gun was the best weapon for it, he'd get peppered with bullets so fast that he would start to raise his fist, but then become so jerky and shaky from the barrage that he would never be able to follow through and land a blow before fainting. Of course, it would probably be too early to have found that during the first encounter with him, but thereafter, it became more laughable than scary because of how ridiculous he looked. I guess this new game fixes that and makes it more intimidating. I just can't wrap my mind around it being tedious if he can be literally around every corner.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    If you go into another room, does he give up the chase like in the original or does he follow you into them?

He can follow you into almost any room now even some of the save rooms.

I'm currently stuck because I have to do a puzzle in the library (which has to be done in real time) which he also followed me into along with some zombies that were already in it. And now I have to somehow lead him to the other half of the police station without getting attacked by any zombies in that section I haven't already killed. Then go back pop the zombies so I can finish the puzzle.

And yet they'll still be a few more run ins with him after that at least til the end game.

I remember the sub machine gun was the best weapon for it,
    Haven't yet found it hell I haven't even found the bullets for it.

it became more laughable than scary because of how ridiculous he looked. I guess this new game fixes that and makes it more intimidating.

He now wears a hat that you can and will have to shoot off to get a trophy/achievement so make of that what you will.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; February 7th, 2019 at 07:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    He can follow you into almost any room now even some of the save rooms.

I'm currently stuck because I have to do a puzzle in the library (which has to be done in real time) which he also followed me into along with some zombies that were already in it. And now I have to somehow lead him to the other half of the police station without getting attacked by any zombies in that section I haven't already killed. Then go back pop the zombies so I can finish the puzzle.

And yet they'll still be a few more run ins with him after that at least til the end game.

Haven't yet found it hell I haven't even found the bullets for it.

He now wears a hat that you can and will have to shoot off to get a trophy/achievement so make of that what you will.
    Oh, that sucks! It's supposed to be considered a feat to actually make it to the next room without him pummeling you, so him being able to pursue just sounds like a pain in the neck.

I don't know if the SMG will have the same stunning effect on him but given how aiming works in the game compared to the original, it would probably be hard to keep it trained on a specific part of him anyway. That's why I never played beyond the demo of Resident Evil Revelations, because I found it so difficult to aim steady with the right stick. I don't know whether there was a lock-on feature but if there was it didn't seem effective, at least for me.

And you could easily use a save file to do a shoot-the-hat-off suicide attempt to get the trophy. Nobody said you have to stay alive afterward to get the achievement, LOL.

And you could easily use a save file to do a shoot-the-hat-off suicide attempt to get the trophy. Nobody said you have to stay alive afterward to get the achievement, LOL.
    Oh I already did it when he showed up the first time way less difficult than trying to shoot William and his big eye.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

I'm playing Kingdom Hearts 3 i just started Frozen World :D

Kamen Rider OOOs

Mr. X for me was a pain at first, but once you go through the game once you figure out how he works and he doesn't become a huge deal outside of how he makes you have to stop exploring an area to get away from him. Also, for those who haven't gotten far and just want to play both routes, I suggest doing the second character through the B route after you finish the A route. For some reason I thought the B route was going to be very different so after finishing did Claire A before doing Claire B, and the only major change is the first part of the police station. After the first boss fight everything stays mostly the same as the A route outside of how a few puzzles work.

I really enjoy this game and 7, but lately I feel like the developers make the mistake of giving way too much ammo. I play through the game and hoard my resources and by the end have way too much ammo to use. When I watch a letsplay where the person kills every enemy and has little problems getting through it feels like it takes away from the whole survival aspect. I feel like Normal should be a little forgiving but be punishing if you are trigger happy, and Hard give you less leeway in how much ammo you use. I understand they want as many people to play the game so they make it more forgiving, but I feel like it takes away from the experience in a way.

The game does kind sorta give you significant amounts of ammo.....for the handgun which is more or less the weakest gun in the game balanced out by the fact that enemies can shrug off headshots easily unless you get that rare shot that kills pops their melon.

I'm coming up on the second fight with William and I only have like 9 shots for the handgun, 4 for the magnum, 3 for the shotgun, & half a tank of fuel for the flamethrower and a good amount of that (along with my grenades) were wasted on the G Viruses.

So yeah game is pretty punishing enough on just normal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post
    Mr. X for me was a pain at first, but once you go through the game once you figure out how he works and he doesn't become a huge deal outside of how he makes you have to stop exploring an area to get away from him. Also, for those who haven't gotten far and just want to play both routes, I suggest doing the second character through the B route after you finish the A route. For some reason I thought the B route was going to be very different so after finishing did Claire A before doing Claire B, and the only major change is the first part of the police station. After the first boss fight everything stays mostly the same as the A route outside of how a few puzzles work.

I really enjoy this game and 7, but lately I feel like the developers make the mistake of giving way too much ammo. I play through the game and hoard my resources and by the end have way too much ammo to use. When I watch a letsplay where the person kills every enemy and has little problems getting through it feels like it takes away from the whole survival aspect. I feel like Normal should be a little forgiving but be punishing if you are trigger happy, and Hard give you less leeway in how much ammo you use. I understand they want as many people to play the game so they make it more forgiving, but I feel like it takes away from the experience in a way.
    The original RE2 had a lot of bullets around too, but they compensated with it by adding a substantial amount of zombies on screen, thus adding options to consider when you engage with them. in Re2make you find plenty more ammo than in say "Re1make", but the zombie count doesn't match it. Add to this the third person aiming which makes it even easier and it doesnt offer that much of a challenge, plus it diminishes the effort put into the design of choosing your battles and planning traversal.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    The original RE2 had a lot of bullets around too, but they compensated with it by adding a substantial amount of zombies on screen, thus adding options to consider when you engage with them. in Re2make you find plenty more ammo than in say "Re1make", but the zombie count doesn't match it. Add to this the third person aiming which makes it even easier and it doesnt offer that much of a challenge, plus it diminishes the effort put into the design of choosing your battles and planning traversal.
    When you put it down that way, I can see how the old camera system helped with the survival aspect. I remember playing RE remake a few years ago and even though I hoarded ammo quite a bit even by the end it didn't feel like enough, since the way everything was planned out made aiming perfectly much harder. That and there was a much more claustrophobic feeling where certain areas it felt like you had to take down certain enemies to traverse through safely. For RE2 remake, over the shoulder makes it a bit easier to maneuver around most areas. Also, I think they give too much inventory space as well, which you can by the end if you get all the spaces can hold all the guns and enough ammo and healing items to be practically invincible.

Well after polishing off Leon's story in RE2 and going through the Alfheim quest on God Of War I'm taking it way back with Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3 and one of the many things that jump out at me (aside from the obligatory PS2 games don't look too good on HDTV's) Why is it that you can't lower the volume of the music without lowering the volume of everything else.

Why was this a thing in 2005?

I just got Just Shapes & Beats on Switch and it's tons of fun! It's this game where you control a little shape and move it around the screen avoiding anything that can kill you (which is everything).
    I recommend it to anyone who enjoys rhythm games and dodging bullets.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

I've refrained from commenting on RE2 so far, but after playing it quite a bit and finishing an S+ run, I can say I think it's amazing. I haven't even done the B stories yet because I was focusing on learning routes on the A campaigns for speed. Looking forward to the extra modes as well.

Started playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 today.

Oh my goodness, the dub for this game. They didn't even try to match the lip flaps.

I'm 90 minutes in now and this is already shaping up to be a really cheesy JRPG. And, honestly, I kinda love it.

For the past month I've been trying to climb the ladder in League of Legends. I'm Silver three now, and I want to get to Gold by the end of the year, which is enough for a free prize skin. It's basically agony but I can't stop myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Started playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 today.

Oh my goodness, the dub for this game. They didn't even try to match the lip flaps.

I'm 90 minutes in now and this is already shaping up to be a really cheesy JRPG. And, honestly, I kinda love it.
    They almost never get to do that with dubs, unless they re-animate it. Kind of a tall order for a huge RPG full of dialogue. That said I think a fair amount of the voice acting is fantastic. The story/plot... less so.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    Bloodborne: I looooove this game. I am teeeeeerible at this game. Haven't even made it to the first boss, but I'm still having a great time getting my ass kicked. It's the first game I've played in a while that's made me feel genuinely nervous every time I run into a new group of enemies. My only complaint is I wish they let me practice with the starter weapons first. I picked the axe (forgot which gun), but I have no way of knowing if that was the best weapon for me unless I restart and try again. Still, could be a favorite of mine once I git gud.
    Bloodborne update (~1 month later): I haven't been playing as much as I'd like, but I think I've made some good progress. I'm in the middle of Yahar'gul after beating Rom. Still love the game.

Favorite area: Forbidden Woods (Dark and creepy. Easy to get lost in a good way)
    Least favorite area: Nightmare Frontier (After the surrealness wears off, it's too bright and plain. It was also easy to get lost in a BAD way. Fuck poison swamps. At least the boss was cool, but aside from that it was probably the one part of the game I didn't like.)
    Favorite boss: That big fire dog in the First Chalice dungeon.
    Least favorite boss: That big electric skeleton in early Yahar'gul (Camera was awful. I felt like I was swinging at air half the time. And yet, I still managed to enjoy it.) Scratch that, "The One Reborn" was much worse.
    Last edited by MrBits; February 19th, 2019 at 07:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information