+ Reply to Thread
Page 340 of 340 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 338 339 340
Results 6,781 to 6,790 of 6790

Thread: What are you Playing?

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: What are you Playing?

I started playing the first Breath of Fire game on the Switch Online SNES app. I emulated it a long time ago and got stuck on this one boss back then and just gave up, so now I kind of want to beat it just out of spite.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    I started playing the first Breath of Fire game on the Switch Online SNES app. I emulated it a long time ago and got stuck on this one boss back then and just gave up, so now I kind of want to beat it just out of spite.
    No joke, Breath of Fire II was one of, if not the first, JRPG I ever played and remains one of my all-time favorites. I played the first one a few years ago and also thought it was pretty cool. I don't recall it being that hard, so it shouldn't be too difficult to beat.

Breath of Fire 1 is okay. 2 is my favorite of the series, even with the horrid translation, love the characters and how crazy the story gets. 3 and 4 are probably better in terms of gameplay but the story and characters don't do as much for me. (And 3 has the awful desert sequence at the end)

And 5... is not really Breath of Fire in anything but name. Its neat, its interesting, and were it a unique IP I might like it a fair bit but as is... its just weird. It's also Gurren Laggen without the mechs.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    No joke, Breath of Fire II was one of, if not the first, JRPG I ever played and remains one of my all-time favorites. I played the first one a few years ago and also thought it was pretty cool. I don't recall it being that hard, so it shouldn't be too difficult to beat.
    I actually have the second one from the Wii Shop Channel store and moved it and all the other software onto my Wii U but I haven't played it in a while, there's some weird timed events that affect the story and that really annoys me since I don't make snap decisions easily so I kept having to start over.

Super Mario RPG was my first JRPG. Still one of my favorites. Love the Paper Marios, too, at least the first two, and Super is pretty okay. The other two...ugh.

Played 5 minutes of Nier Automata first thoughts

Spoiler:
    We doing shmups? Okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Discovered Stowaway

I got the demo for Dragon Quest Builders 2 on the Switch and I'm not sure whether to get it on there or on PS4 or Xbox 1. I didn't play very long and the battery on my Switch was already below 50% so I'd be annoyed at how much power it seems to require. But it's still full price, I'm hoping that it goes down to at least $30 by next year, or maybe even lower on Black Friday.

Haven't really been on top of game releases recently (a whole bunch of originally console exclusive games for instance got released on PC while I wasn't paying attention) but I saw that Blood got a "remaster" by Nightdive so I played a bit of that. It apparently has some issues but I'm sure I don't have enough knowledge of the game to have any issues with them. I only ever beat the first episode too. I love the train level though.

Finally playing the first Yooka Laylee. It's good, but the controls feel kinda janky. Also, it just doesn't have quite the same charm Banjo-Kazooie had.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Finally playing the first Yooka Laylee. It's good, but the controls feel kinda janky. Also, it just doesn't have quite the same charm Banjo-Kazooie had.
    I thought it had a great deal of the charm (the music was SO reminiscent), but I agree about the controls, especially during the rolling race segment in that first world and in some of the minigame arcade parts.

Been playing Death Stranding. Was laughing after seeing some reviews call it a boring delivery simulator since that was exactly what I was expecting and wanting. It's a really good looking game and though the balance mechanics aren't as thoughough as I was maybe hoping it's pretty cool how you can navigate the world. It's the epitome of "See that mountain? You can climb it".

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information