+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 358 "Revival" Discussion

Jacobo

Zoro was holding his two swords when he fell. I don't really blame Ussop, anyway he'll come back and save the day.

That would be the badass moment of the month.
    Even though it'd never happen, especially seeing as how Sanji likely doesn't even know what, who, how or where Spandam is supposed to be.

Besides, if did happen, you know he'd just take Spandam's place as Mr. Prince.

I agree, though. Spandam's factor of coolness has risen above human comprehension.

... Well, at least compared to last chapter.

You know, I must have missed the part where Franky said he runs on cola. I hear everyone talk about it, but I can't think of where it came up in the manga. Can someone tell me what chapter?

I think what Franky meant about the goverment ships, is that he's building government ships as well as any other. He just doesn't turn anyone away (even pirates). Franky was objecting to Iceberg doing anything to help the government. I don't think there's anything more to it than that, but I could be wrong...

And now, my big fat Usopp commentary.

And as for Usopp, oh ye of little faith. Just be patient and watch what happens. I guess after that awesome Franky flashback, people are forgetting that
    1)Even though they sort of reconciled, all Usopp knows is this is the guy that stole their money, beat him to a pulp, not to mention threw some very hurtful words his way.
    2)Usopp is still in really bad shape from all the previous beatings
    3) We saw what happened when LUFFY tried the head-on approach. What makes you think Usopp would do any better?

Most likely, the only way he'll have any success is using his head, not brute force.

Ah, guess I'll repost what I posted at Ocean's forum before the thread was locked.

This is the first time I can recall that Usopp was in danger completely without any of the other strawhats around. I think he has a lot of things going through his head. These guys are higher-ups in the world government. He just caught wind of something really big and top-secret is going down. If he gets involved here, this could be the point of no return. Usopp keeps saying that he's a pirate at heart, but if that's true, maybe he really needs to accept that being a reknowned pirate means being hounded by the government. He also says he wants to return to his home in the East Blue, but does a real pirate ever "go home"? I thought they are at home at sea? Captain Kuro couldn't handle it...can Usopp?

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Originally posted by Mog@Mar 11 2005, 07:20 PM
    Even though it'd never happen, especially seeing as how Sanji likely doesn't even know what, who, how or where Spandam is supposed to be.
    [snapback]13460[/snapback]
    With Oda, anything is pratically possible. Perhaps Sanji would find Robin first and got the information about Spanda from her.

It might not happen...but I can dream, can't I?! I mean, Chopper has his badass momen t now...When will it be Sanji's turn in this arc?
    Sometimes, a dead woman is a dead woman. Sometimes a giant black gorilla is just a giant black gorilla.

Stop reading into every little thing.

Originally posted by Zio+Mar 11 2005, 05:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zio &#064; Mar 11 2005, 05:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-The Daz@Mar 11 2005, 06:59 PM
    Am I the only one who thinks that Spandams coolness level has shot through the roof? The last picture on page 14 nearly erases all his previous clumsiness and wimpiness from my memory.
    [snapback]13452[/snapback]
    Meanwhile, the first thing he says over the phone is how he burned himself from a cup of coffee.

I think it would be just plain awesome if it turns out that Sanji is right where Spanda is. Just think of it, Sanji would take a big heavy rock or Spanda&#39;s raiper...and beat him in the face with it a couple of times and kick him in the face 5 times. This, of course, is happening while Spanda is talking over the phone and then Sanji would taunt CP9 saying "If you want to save your boss, come and get him."

[snapback]13455[/snapback]
    [/b][/quote]

Ohh yes. I want to see that. I wanna see Spandam get fucked up even more. Turn him into Darkman or something. :lol: (If anyone else has seen that movie, you&#39;ll know precisely what I mean by &#39;fucked up&#39;)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Credo quia absurdum non credere. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Jacobo

You know, I must have missed the part where Franky said he runs on cola. I hear everyone talk about it, but I can&#39;t think of where it came up in the manga. Can someone tell me what chapter?
    I can&#39;t tell you the chapter, but it was in the bar and he ordered cola. Then he was full of energy and he said so.

YAY forum is back :D

Thank you ocean for the chapter.

Anyway, on to my thoughts on the chapter. A great chapter overall. Like most of you, I feel relieved somehow that we are finally back to the current arc and it was a good way to end the flashback, though there are some mysteries here & there but it might be told later. I like how Calipha looked back then, who knew about her true nature. :lol:
    Spandam, now that&#39;s both predictable yet unpredictable at the same time. Who knew he would make another re-entry. As for him being a leader of CP9, you got to hand it to him though, even though he&#39;s not strong but he&#39;s got a brain as sly as the snake.

As for Usopp, I think that this situation is somewhat new and Oda is trying to stir something up within Usopp as well as our perspective&#39;s towards him, which is also the same for Robin and Luffy who went through major emotional trail in this arc. In the past, when Usopp pulls something like this we always laugh at it and take it as a joke because we know that the other Strawhats are around to take care of things if it gets worse but now Usopp is by himself and with the recent fighting with Luffy as well as Franky&#39;s recent &#39;help&#39; towards him, we all expected something to happen. However, nothing much happened and Usopp is still Usopp. However, I have a feeling there is something behind all this for Usopp. We just have to wait and see.

As for Chopper, he has shown himself to be worthy when the times call. I kinda have to agree that the story is kinda fast-forwarded but so is the meeting of Usopp with Franky. I think that we need to use our imaginations for the some of the obvious things happening in this arc . Oda is trying not to spend so many times on some of the obvious things.....maybe for something better that&#39;s coing up&#33;? :o

Now, I want to see Sanji or Robin in the next chapter :P
    They accepted her when no one would
    They believed her when no one would
    They defended her when no one would
    Now, Nico Robin will sacrifice her life & dream to protect those who have called her NAKAMA

The last page with chopper rocked hard&#33; Such a badass panel.

Originally posted by Rody+Mar 11 2005, 08:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rody &#064; Mar 11 2005, 08:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Spadam is looking like the sociopath Leathermask with that mask...
    Leathermask from the famous "Texas Chainsaw Massacre."

Err.. I&#39;ll post pics later. *feeling bored now*
    [snapback]13453[/snapback]
    [/b]

That&#39;s the one&#33; (I think ^_^)

<!--QuoteBegin-The Daz

3) We saw what happened when LUFFY tried the head-on approach. What makes you think Usopp would do any better?

Most likely, the only way he&#39;ll have any success is using his head, not brute force.
    [/quote]
    ^_^

Spanda seems just so sadistic. No wonder CP9 is wearing bondage gear&#33;

For how many chapters was Sanji absent in Alabasta? In Little Garden?

Pirate Age (Under Construction)

I can&#39;t tell you the chapter, but it was in the bar and he ordered cola. Then he was full of energy and he said so.
    OK, I do somewhat remember that scene, I guess I didn&#39;t pick up that cola is his main source of energy, I&#39;ll have to go back and read it again.

Most likely, the only way he&#39;ll have any success is using his head, not brute force.
    Haha...I guess I should have double-checked my terminology. ^_^

Usopp use brain. Luffy use brawn. :lol:

I sniff the smell of some serious action in the next few chapters...
    Hi MF

With the Flashback done and Spandam&#39;s role in the story more or less revealed, I got bored and made a little description page for him.

If anybody&#39;s interested, you can see it here.

I&#39;ll probably update it as W7 progresses. I might also make up some similar pages for the other members of CP9 and Rokushiki.

Hope you like.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last three hundred and fifty episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Good chapter, as always. It&#39;s great to finally be done with the flashback. Spandam being the leader of CP9 was kind of obvious after he was introduced in the flashback but at the same time it seemed unlikely.

Anyway, maybe Sanji will show up soon? Probably not but hey, I can dream.

Baratie

Originally posted by Heritic@Mar 11 2005, 06:25 PM
    Anyway, maybe Sanji will show up soon? Probably not but hey, I can dream.
    [snapback]13484[/snapback]
    Sanji will appear on a blinding white unicorn, and all wrongs shall be righted...ered.. in the world :D

I&#39;m just hoping we get to see Robin&#39;s past pretty soon. Either that or some major Usopp -style butt-kicking.

Yay&#33; I was suffering from the withdrawal&#33;
    I think we are going to get a mini-flashback (1-2 pages top) for what happened with Chopper and company at some point. Damn did he look cool&#33;
    Poor Usopp. Discretion is the better part of valor though.
    I have hopes that Kaku will eventually see that CP9 isn&#39;t really about Justice. It would be nice if he would switch sides - he could reveal CP9&#39;s weakness.
    Great chapter. Dying for next week.

And you can dream - So dream out loud
    normyk's chocolate blog!

Like I said on Kefi, I can understand why Usopp backed down. I&#39;d be pretty nervous too if I saw 4 guys take down someone tough like Franky with relative ease.

As for Spandam, I doubt he&#39;s much stronger, his accomplishments and knowledge on the blueprints case must&#39;ve made him worthy to head a division like CP9.

And it looks like the Strawhats are mostly in the clear with Galley-La, it&#39;s just a matter of whether the workmen can believe that Lucci and the others are tratiors, and if Iceburg and Pauley will be up to confirm it. Chopper is friggin awesome.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Originally posted by VildaHawk@Mar 11 2005, 04:49 PM
    - Chopper saves Lucci and Pauley
    [snapback]13424[/snapback]
    That"s Iceburg and Pauley

Brave Warrior, Captain Usopp

Great chapter. All you Usopp hata&#39;s should take note. My boy will be kicking ass and taking names in the final fight of this arc, and you&#39;ll all be "Oh, I never should have doubted the great CAPTAIN USOPP&#33;&#33;&#33;". Mark my words on this one.

Spandam being CP9 boss was a great revelation, he just looks so awesome. And Chopper busting out of the burning Galley-La HQ was a great scene. Oda, you master of masters.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information