+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 139 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: South Park

Default Re: South Park episode banned

Quote Originally Posted by omae no kaasan v.2
    They've never been funnier. I love how they absolutely tear apart stupidity in society. The men are genuises.
    This man speaks truth.

Also, as per the episode in question:
    http://www.variety.com/VR1117939918.html

I love this part.
    While the "South Park" creators didn't directly comment on Comedy Central's decision to pull the episode, they issued an unusual statement to Daily Variety indicating the battle is not over.

"So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun! Temporarily anozinizing our episode will NOT stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies. Curses and drat! You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail! Hail Xenu!!!"

The duo signed the statement "Trey Parker and Matt Stone, servants of the dark lord Xenu."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Credo quia absurdum non credere. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Bad,

I was about to say the same thing. All successful comedy series like SP (Married With Children, Simpsons, Family Guy, etc.) all deal with bits and pieces of reality. THAT'S why they're so damn funny. Homer, Al Bundy, Peter Griffin, a piece of them exists in every man. It's like if every man ever was fused together, but only the dumb parts of them. We all know someone like that or can recall an experience similar to what we see on TV, obviously what we see on TV is exaggerated and insteda of being a bunch of different people, it's all one guy.

South Park doesn't necessarily take what's in people (well it does that too) but it has grown to take from what's actually going on in the world and use it as a parable of sorts. You can be any religion or any ethinicity and laugh at what's in SP because even when it's outrageous, it is only being brutally honest.

Take the sex change episode. It starts out with a sex change. Using that as a spring board, if people want to change their sex, then they should be able to change their color, because people should be whatever color they wanna be. And then of course, if a man wants to be a dolphin and he feels in his heart of hearts that he should be a dolphin, well then by golly, he should be able to be a dolphin just like a man should be able to become a woman.

And the golden PSP episode....that and the Katrina episode are probably two of the funniest half-hour shows I've ever seen.

Carly,

That is funny as hell, thank you!

Edit: I just read it again and it's even funnier.
    Last edited by Greg; March 17th, 2006 at 07:26 PM.

Ah yes, the PSP episode. "If I was ever put in a constant vegetative state, I would... not want to be on national television."

Can be touchy on certain subjects, which seems like making jokes wouldn't be "funny." Some of those "unfunny" jokes have made me laugh my ass off (mostly jokes my friends tell, but also SP).

When South Park is really on, it's easily the funniest show on TV, easily. Family Guy is great too, and who doesn't love classic Simpsons, but seriously, none of them have the kind of white-hot magnifying lens beam of comedy that Trey and Matt can summon once or twice a season. The Scott Tenorman episode is one of the greatest feats of television magic ever.

Theres something really fucked up about that...
    How much power does Tom Cruise have?

Oh why can't the Scientologists pull a heavens gate on us....

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omae no kaasan v.2
    They've never been funnier. I love how they absolutely tear apart stupidity in society. The men are genuises.
    Couldn't have said it better myself, and the whole thing about Isaac Hayes leaving, fucking crazy.

The Scott Tenorman episode is one of the greatest feats of television magic ever.
    Yeah that....that just changed the way I viewed life as we know it in general. I think it is best described as simultaneously shocking and numbing.

I don't watch South Park that much anymore. I grown tired of it. I only saw the last five minutes of this episode, I didn't see anything wrong with it. I'm more shocked that Issac Hayes is a sceintologist.
    Quote Originally Posted by taboo
    xD I actually saw that one. I liked that rapper dude who put everything into song then OH CRAP HE HAS A GUN~! Then he goes into the closet.
    Yeah that was R. Kelly, a singer actually. It was a spoof on his recent 12 part series of videos "Trapped in the Closet"

I agree that the show is better than its even been lately. I used to hate the show and never found much humor in it, but lately, it has been absolutely hilarious.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

My philosophy teacher mentioned Tom Cruise during a discussion; afterwards, I wanted to be a scientologist.

Then I learned it was a religion.

D'oh.

Actually it makes this whole episode, (which can be viewed on various places on the net.) funnier. I mean the ending has Tom Cruise saying how he's going to sue Stan for insulting his religion. Then all of the other scientologists also join in the lawsuit call, "I'll sue you in England!".
    Now we have the real Tom Cruise doing the same thing. Including getting the episode banned in the UK. It's almost as if the creators KNEW he was going to react this way.
    If I think I'm insane, does it mean I'm not? Because a truly insane person wouldn't know that they are insane?

Actually it makes this whole episode, (which can be viewed on various places on the net.) funnier. I mean the ending has Tom Cruise saying how he's going to sue Stan for insulting his religion. Then all of the other scientologists also join in the lawsuit call, "I'll sue you in England!".
    Now we have the real Tom Cruise doing the same thing. Including getting the episode banned in the UK. It's almost as if the creators KNEW he was going to react this way.
    Exactly. That's why it's so funny. Because it's true. Now keep that in mind and read their response to this which Carly posted above. If I were drinking milk at the time I read it, it would have shot out my nose and put a hole in the monitor.

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Well, it sucks that this one was banned.

But, there were a few others that haven't been shown on Comedy Central:

Terrance and Phillp: Not Without My Anus- I think the reason for this one is because they were supposed to show the 2nd part of a cliffhanger. But, Trey and Matt decided to pull an April Fools joke, and made this episode instead. It pissed off alot of fans, too.

Pip: I'm not sure about this one.

Krazy Krips: Banned ever since Christopher Reeve's death. The same thing almost happened to an episode of Drawn Together, which was making fun of him, too.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Killer Bunny Duce of Transilvania's Avatar

South Park is now funnier then ever. I mean Die Hippie, Die was hilarious, "I need a scientist an engineer and a black person that will sacrifice himself in case something goes wrong" i just loved that episode together with Best Friends Forever. "what are we going to do" "we will do, what we always do, use the republicans"

Quote Originally Posted by Duce of Transilvania
    South Park is now funnier then ever. I mean Die Hippie, Die was hilarious, "I need a scientist an engineer and a black person that will sacrifice himself in case something goes wrong" i just loved that episode together with Best Friends Forever. "what are we going to do" "we will do, what we always do, use the republicans"

ehhh, the episodes today are sorta dry. they're not as funny as other episodes. like one of my faves "having fun with weapons" :laugh: when they turn into ninjas. i dont know if it was a new or old episode but it was my fave.

Killer Bunny Duce of Transilvania's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Tony Chopper
    ehhh, the episodes today are sorta dry. they're not as funny as other episodes. like one of my faves "having fun with weapons" :laugh: when they turn into ninjas. i dont know if it was a new or old episode but it was my fave.
    Do you mean the episode where they are drawn like anime characters. If it is that episode your talking abaut, thats in my top three. I loved that Cartman transforming Kyle into a chicken and Kenny throwing that shuriken at Buters(Professor Chaos)

See I just don't understand how people can make comments like this. The weapons episode is the same exact thing as every single new episode out there. The weapons episode moral is, the mass of TV and movie viewers along with the FCC and committee that rates films are completely unphased by horrible graphic violence. However, when it comes to nudity and sex they suddenly go into a fury and start throwing adult ratings left and right which ultimately gets the attention from wacko's on both sides and it ends up being a huge deal over nothing, while other films have decapitations left and right.

That's the entire point. Almost every SP episode these days is the same thing so I hope you can understand my confusion when someone says they like it in one place, but not in another. I can only understand if you just liked the fart and potty jokes the show started out with and can't get the kind of humor it evolved into.

...I saw the Chris Reeves episode on CC a few weeks ago. It wasnt banned.

Sig made by AngelzRfalling.
    Gary "Iceman" Martin. RIP.

Really don't know what to say about this I stp watching South Park when Kenny was killed for the final time & then under mysterious circumstances was brought back to life & some of the episodes started getting crappy.

Mark Millar licks goats Akumashogun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1
    Chef go bye-bye.
    The funny part about that is:

One thing about Matt and Trey, they lampoon everybody. And if you take that shit seriously, I'll sell you the Brooklyn Bridge for two dollars.
    -Isaac Hayes, 12/19/05

Sig by BK

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information