+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 140 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: South Park

Default Re: South Park episode banned

One thing about Matt and Trey, they lampoon everybody. And if you take that shit seriously, I'll sell you the Brooklyn Bridge for two dollars.
    -Isaac Hayes, 12/19/05

HAH!!!!!!!!

Remember kids, it can ONLY be funny if it's not targeted towards you or your beliefs.

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

The "Pip" episode I was talking about, I'm not sure if it was really banned. It was the re-telling of Great Expectations. It's just that I haven't seen it, except on DVD.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solar Knight
    Remember kids, it can ONLY be funny if it's not targeted towards you or your beliefs.
    Right. SP is really funny if one can related, pretty funny if the show parodies something silly, and downright insulting if it lampoons oneself.

Ok, I'll state right off the bat, that I haven't seen a lot of South Park. i do remember one episode where little Ike, was in Jew scouts (a funny name in itself) and he decided to make a macaroni picture of the last supper. That, IMO is brilliant funny. So SP has it's moments.
    Also, from what I know about SP, they do like shock value, so I could see them going too far with a topic and offending people. I don't like things like this. There is a tasteful way to make fun of things, but when your just insulting, well that's just mean. I don't find it funny.

Now, not seeing this sciencetology episode; whether offencive or not, the voice actor of Chef, has no right to call the creators of SP on this one, and stand behind them for every other insult against religion that they may have done. That's just hipocritical (sp)

As for Tom Cruise, well he's wierd and crazy, so anythign he says or does, I take with a grain of salt.

Perhaps we can get Chef replaced with Zeff.

"Hello, crap-eggplants!"

Seeing isaac hayes leave kind of disappoints me but it won't affect the quality of the show besides the fact that we may see less of chef or they could lampoon it on their show and give chef a good reason of never appearing again.

We all know whos filling in as Chef:
    Mr. Derp.

Sig made by AngelzRfalling.
    Gary "Iceman" Martin. RIP.

I doubt the Pip episode is banned, but I haven't really seen it aired since it first premiered. Probably because it wasn't a big hit.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

What was the Pip episode?

The episode about Pip andEngland. It sucked so much ass.

Sig made by AngelzRfalling.
    Gary "Iceman" Martin. RIP.

Actually, the one I'm thinking of was an adaptation of Great Expectations starring Pip. I thought it was pretty funny.

I saw the Pip Great Expectations episode on a local channel a few months ago. I also thought it was funny.

But I haven't seen it on Comedy Central or anything.

The very first South Park episode was Jesus vs. Santa. Ever since then, the show has had a numerous religious themes including Jesus as Rambo, Jesus vs. Satan, Father Maxi going to the Pope after all the child molestation cases a superhero team made of a bunch of religious figures, Moses as a giant, technicolor dreidel, and Mr. Hanky. Tom Cruise apparently has too much money in the bank and, in between sessions of jumping up and down on Oprah's couch, he decided to "take a stand" for scientology. His complaints should not even be recognized considering other organizations have not gone to such lengths to ban South Park (at least as far as I know).
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Outside of a book, a dog is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

- Groucho Marx

Mark Millar licks goats Akumashogun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OwnerZeff
    The very first South Park episode was Jesus vs. Santa.
    The very first one had a murderous version of Frosty the Snowman.

Sig by BK

Killer Bunny Duce of Transilvania's Avatar

Somebody should just throw a glass of water at Tome Cruise, oh wait that already happend. He is getting so anoying, and he's such a pussy. I mean South Park offended every religion there is.
    And the voice actor of Sheff is such a hypocrite, the moment he's religion is targeted he leaves, it is just a cartoon, why does everybody take it so seriously.

Discovered Stowaway DeadJustice's Avatar

I think the fact the episode was so true is what made it all the more offensive to them. Most of the other episodes are like that, but for the most part its playful exaggeration. This episode really showed how ridiculous scientology is and it didn't hold back.

Discovered Stowaway Creeping_Wrath's Avatar

Isaac Hayes is a pussy. He's only worked on the show for what like...7 years? And finally ONE episode bothers him? Good riddance. Matt and Trey said it best

"This is 100 percent having to do with his faith of Scientology... He has no problem — and he's cashed plenty of checks — with our show making fun of Christians. He wants a different standard for religions other than his own, and, to me, that is where intolerance and bigotry begin."

This made me laugh though:
    "Prevalent rumours claimed that Tom Cruise threatened to not promote Mission: Impossible 3 for Paramount if the episode aired again"

OH NOES!

You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve.

What S-CRY-ed character are you?

Anyone willing to see that movie should just kill themselves anyway

Mark Millar licks goats Akumashogun's Avatar

According to this, Hayes didn't quit.

Don't know if its true though.

Sig by BK

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information