+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help getting my cat off the roof.

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Default Help getting my cat off the roof.

Okay, I might sound like an idiot when I say this, but does anyone have any advice or pointers for me on this one? One of my cats got onto the roof of my house, and she's too scared to get down. What do you think I should do before calling 911? My brother and I tried almost everything we could think of. We don't have a long enough ladder. and she won't jump into a laundry basket of pillows.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Default Re: Help getting my cat off the roof.

First off, I never expected to see a topic like this.

As for your problem:

You can't get to the roof yourself, and the cat won't come down.

Can you lure the cat to you somehow, with food or a toy?

Unapologetic Hipsterism. Windrays's Avatar

Um... Maybe... Use the ladder you currently have to get closer to the cat? Maybe seeing you closer will make her more apt to jump?
    Former mod. Deadpan cynic. Blunt advisor. Badass.

If you need advice, either on here or otherwise, please feel free to PM me.

Definitely not Windrays's Facebook.

And definitely not his Last.fm, either.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

How tall is your house? One story? If so, borrow a neighbor's ladder and get on your roof; either that, or take tables/chairs and the like from your house and stack them. If your ladder is poseable, put it in a "table" position, then stand on the ladder with your brother on your shoulders, but BE SURE TO BE NEAR A PLACE THAT PROPS THE BOTH OF YOU UP. Such is dangerous, though, so only use such as a last resort, as in, if your cat is starving/rain's a comin'. Another possibility is to use your hose to spray water along your roof shingles; don't spray at the cat, but get the cat's feet wet. That could entice your cat to jump off the roof.

hello? is this thing on? meethz's Avatar

seduce her with the stupendous hotness of a squishy toy or fish.

or bring a male cat to the tree and let him tackle her way down.

music's never loud enough

I like Malintex's suggestion. The extreme solution would be a animal control office using a traquilizer gun. They are hard to get off of high places. I just saw a video of a cat falling out of a tall tree.

wonder if that was the same video i saw on the news. cat falls 8 stories out of a tree....and is OK! Ya, I'd say just get a bigger ladder.

..Senshi must still be out getting his cat *looks around*.......

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. But, Rocky got down the same way she got up on the roof in the first place: Climbing down a tree.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Glad your cat is ok.

Well, that's the end of this chapter.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information