+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 127 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 2522

Thread: Hajime no Ippo

Default Re: Hajime no Ippo

Spoiler:
    So Ippo bitchslapped Aoki's brother? Nice.

Humor chapter are usually great in this manga. This continues the trend.

I figured Ippo would do that. It's very a Japanese guy thing to do.

Spoiler:
    But why the fuck did the guy Taihei was fighting also shave his head and come join the gym? He had nothing to do with all of this other than being someone Taihei fought.

Spoiler:
    Did he not see Ippo slap the shit out of Aoki's brother?

Something like, I want to be as strong as him and I am going to show as well that I will not use it for violence.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Spoiler:
    Muahahahaha this opens so many possibilities after Aoki's speech about the big brother getting the 7-years treatment no matter . I love these gag chapters, Hippo is one of the rare mangas that manage to give me the silly grin on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    Guys what if the world is actually two straw hat planets fused together, with the Red Line being the hats' rims?

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Spoiler:
    So Ippo bitchslapped Aoki's brother? Nice.

Humor chapter are usually great in this manga. This continues the trend.
    First Takamura gropes his girlfriend now this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

https://readms.net/r/hajime_no_ippo/1248/5606/1
    https://readms.net/r/hajime_no_ippo/1249/5607/1

Spoiler:
    lol. Poor Aoki. He is literally the gym's butt monkey.

Also, Kumi is just dumb. Using your boyfriend to replace your favorite stuffed animal from childhood is dumb and wrong.

Wow mangastream actually caught up to hni-scantrad and got out 1249 first! Was not expected that, they’ve been behind for ages.

Spoiler:
    i'm not liking ewhere this is going...suuuure punch drunk is not something you are sure 100% to have..but those problems ippo were having were pretty much a sentence..i mean i can understand not being able to take punches like he used to,and maybe resting for a bit can help with that..but being unable to judge distances correctly? that's another story...at least i think, i'm no doctor.

https://readms.net/r/hajime_no_ippo/1251/5657/1

Retiring is perfectly acceptable if you don't want to make your family worry or be sad, but I'm still pissed at his mother for not ONCE ever going to one of his matches.

Yeah, she's no Inko (My Hero Academia).
    As much as she worried for her son's wellbeing, she still made sure to watch/record his sports festival performance.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

It's hard to watch your kid get hurt, but when boxing is THAT important to him, you should at least go to his championship matches.

Yeah even Kumi occasionally comes to watch Ippo's matches even she too hates seeing Ippo getting beat up.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    It's hard to watch your kid get hurt, but when boxing is THAT important to him, you should at least go to his championship matches.
    If boxing were important to Ippo he wouldn't have needed to be told that chasing Miyata shouldn't have been his sole focus or he would've learned at some point how to not let his opponents abuse him for multiple rounds before making a comeback.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    If boxing were important to Ippo he wouldn't have needed to be told that chasing Miyata shouldn't have been his sole focus or he would've learned at some point how to not let his opponents abuse him for multiple rounds before making a comeback.
    I think he loves boxing but doesn't care about the competition and being the best. He's there for a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I think he loves boxing but doesn't care about the competition and being the best. He's there for a good time.
    Somebody should've told him about concussions and brain damage from the outset.

https://readms.net/r/hajime_no_ippo/1252/5671/1

Kumi is becoming more and more fucking annoying.

Glad i waited and got to read those 100 chapters in one go. It was quite a ride there, felt like an interesting detour and i'm pleasantly suprised by the balls the manga author had to take his story out of hero overcomes and improves for a couple of volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Somebody should've told him about concussions and brain damage from the outset.
    I feel like people always warn him but that he just didn't care as long he could continue. And then as soon at it seems to start he stopped.

The others wants to win Ippo wants to do his best. The others want to become a champion and be the best Ippo wants to be good fight and fight Miyata.

Which creates that weird dichotomy where the only proper climatic match for Ippo would be Miyata but for the reader the climatic should be for the championship probably with Gonzalez.
    Last edited by desa; February 13th, 2019 at 02:06 PM.

Yeah, for Ippo Miyata is the only thing that really mattered (Boy crush with a captial B). Him fighting Gonzalez would be really cool, but winning? Nah, not his thing. Other than Miyata the only thing he wants to prove is how good his coach is.

TAKAMURA on the other hand obviously needs to punch his way to Heavyweight Champion, or it's meaningless.

So uh on a completely different note what's the deal with the regular?

He has those Takamura when he's serious eyes

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information