View Poll Results: What do you believe Doflamingo's DF is?

Voters
326. You may not vote on this poll
  • String String (Suji Suji)

237 72.70%
  • Puppeteer Fruit

47 14.42%
  • Spider Zoan

9 2.76%
  • Something Else

33 10.12%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 276 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 5508

Thread: General Devil Fruit Discussion

Discovered Stowaway Coruscation's Avatar

Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

No, it almost certainly does not include Devil Fruit abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Coruscation View Post
    and what is the base for this argument? we have never seen it used against devil fruit users and neither has it been clearly said wether it could or could not remove devil fruit powers. All she says is: "The bubbles I diffuse from my body can remove anything from stains and dirt to strength and more"

More could very well be devil fruit powers aswell

Because as you said it would make Blackbeard's fruit way less unique and pretty much insta-kill most of its hype. Oda would almost certainly not do that, hence Califa's fruit almost certainly can not remove Devil Fruit powers.

Because as you said it would make Blackbeard's fruit way less unique and pretty much insta-kill most of its hype. Oda would almost certainly not do that, hence Califa's fruit almost certainly can not remove Devil Fruit powers.
    No I can't say thats enough reasoning for me to go with it. I think its a little weird that the only one's to come in contact with her ability where not devil fruit users. If Oda wanted us to know it didn't work on devil fruit powers, why didnt he have her use it on a devil fruit user aswell? For example an attempt of hers to stop Monster Chopper (just an example, please dont go further into that particular situation).

Well if that's not enough for you then I have no more =/ What else is there to say? Blackbeard's fruit is supposed to be unique, it has been presented to us as such... it just doesn't feel very likely that there'll be another one capable of doing the same thing.

Well if that's not enough for you then I have no more =/ What else is there to say? Blackbeard's fruit is supposed to be unique, it has been presented to us as such... it just doesn't feel very likely that there'll be another one capable of doing the same thing.
    I guess we can't finish this discussion then. I was hoping i'd missed something but just the fact that Blackbeard is supposed to have an unique fruit can't convince me. If i`m correct no one within CP9 (close to the goverment so likely to know a thing or two about that devil fruit book) knew which powers those devil fruits held, so it could be that the fruit wasnt in the book, and Blackbeard was wrong.

Awa=Soap.
    No matter how Japanese you make your soap, you can't wash away an inherent power or ability. Nami had such a difficult time in that fight because she was taken to a state of cleanliness beyond normal human comprehension, but Kalifa didn't clean her knowledge of weather or combat something that would have been much more practical in a fight.
    It's soap. Something we understand, not Darkness which is inherently an abstract thing.
    So,

The True Darkness ShenLong Kazama's Avatar

Questions about the Yami Yami no Mi.
    Blackbeard can't let attacks pass through him but he can absorb attacks with his darkness. I also saw somewhere that he absorbed Magellan's poison which blocked a gate. So if Blackbeard used his darkness in the right moment he could have absorbed Magellan's poison right?
    And if Blackbeard surrounds himself with his darkness and sees the attack coming, could he absorb the attacks too?

Soul Eater also rocks :D blendingur69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShenLong Kazama View Post
    Questions about the Yami Yami no Mi.
    Blackbeard can't let attacks pass through him but he can absorb attacks with his darkness. I also saw somewhere that he absorbed Magellan's poison which blocked a gate. So if Blackbeard used his darkness in the right moment he could have absorbed Magellan's poison right?
    And if Blackbeard surrounds himself with his darkness and sees the attack coming, could he absorb the attacks too?
    I think that ability is to slow for that, just my first thoughts :P
    My name is Dracule Mihawk!! It's too soon for you to die. Discover yourself. See the world!! And grow strong, Zoro!!! However long it may take... I shall await you at the top. Strive with your whole heart and mind to best this blade, fierce one!!! Strive to surpass me, Roronoa Zoro!!!

I think devil fruits have minds of their own. I don't think it was a coincidence that BB got the yami yami no mi by murdering someone.

Quote Originally Posted by fistsofrage View Post
    I think devil fruits have minds of their own. I don't think it was a coincidence that BB got the yami yami no mi by murdering someone.
    It's a Devil Fruit from the One Piece Universe not some legendary item from The Lord of the Rings ... I'm sorry I very much doubt that
    My name is Dracule Mihawk!! It's too soon for you to die. Discover yourself. See the world!! And grow strong, Zoro!!! However long it may take... I shall await you at the top. Strive with your whole heart and mind to best this blade, fierce one!!! Strive to surpass me, Roronoa Zoro!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blendingur69 View Post
    It's a Devil Fruit from the One Piece Universe not some legendary item from The Lord of the Rings ... I'm sorry I very much doubt that
    BB said the yami yami no mi was the most evil devil fruit ever and he obtained it by murdering somebody. There could be a link.

BB said the yami yami no mi was the most evil devil fruit ever and he obtained it by murdering somebody. There could be a link.
    Yeah I get that an'all, but where do you get of saying that it might have a mind of its own? Oh and really I'm not mad just a little surprised about that comment

Didn't blackbeard say something about it being destined that he got that fruit?
    or something about the fruit choosing him?
    Hello fellow forum-browsers.
    I am currently on an English education, meaning that I would like to get my English as good as possible.
    If I make any mistakes in my posts, grammatically or with spelling, or even if I could phrase something better, feel free to point it out to me! (over PM maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by blendingur69 View Post
    Yeah I get that an'all, but where do you get of saying that it might have a mind of its own? Oh and really I'm not mad just a little surprised about that comment
    I meant that maybe the DF's choose their owners. I can't think of a character who didn't seem like a good match for their DF, it's like they always compliment each other.

Quote Originally Posted by EvoWarrior5 View Post
    Didn't blackbeard say something about it being destined that he got that fruit?
    or something about the fruit choosing him?
    Exactly.
    Last edited by fistsofrage; March 16th, 2011 at 10:42 AM.

I meant that maybe the DF's choose their owners. I can't think of a character who didn't seem like a good match for their DF, it's like they always compliment each other.

Exactly.
    Well when you put it that way, sure I agree buut I'd rather think of it as destiny or something ... I don't think that the devil fruits have a say in this!

The True Darkness ShenLong Kazama's Avatar

Back to my question, if Blackbeard creates darkness around his body could he absorb incoming attacks?

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

Look, there is a big difference between Califas and Teachs devilfruits.

The Yami Yami was a well known fruit (duh, it's IN the book)
    But Califas was not documented, no one knew what power it held, as stated by Spandam.

So I see no problem in Califas fruit being able to take away devilfruit-abilities. We'll just never see it happen. A mans dream will never end.

Quote Originally Posted by ShenLong Kazama View Post
    Back to my question, if Blackbeard creates darkness around his body could he absorb incoming attacks?
    Please stop reposting your questions if people dont respond to them or you dont get the information you like. I`ve asked you this before but you hardly seem to listen.

Its fine to ask questions but dont force it onto people.

Quote Originally Posted by moorkopff View Post
    Please stop reposting your questions if people dont respond to them or you dont get the information you like. I`ve asked you this before but you hardly seem to listen.

Its fine to ask questions but dont force it onto people.
    I agree but since he allready asked I will say my opinion once more! (err... I think I allready posted it... I was going to anyway!)

I personally think that is not possible beacause of the speed of the ability, I mean it seems pretty slow, otherwise he would have done it allready, but than again one never knows til Oda sings

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information