View Poll Results: What do you believe Doflamingo's DF is?

Voters
345. You may not vote on this poll
  • String String (Suji Suji)

254 73.62%
  • Puppeteer Fruit

47 13.62%
  • Spider Zoan

10 2.90%
  • Something Else

34 9.86%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 157 of 282 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 207 257 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 5628

Thread: General Devil Fruit Discussion

Default Re: Synthetic Devil Fruits!

I know if I had CC's power I would wear a coat of gas 24/7, but thats just me.

Default Re: Synthetic Devil Fruits!

I really do like the idea of synthetic/man made devil fruits. It'd really (unfairly) put the WG in a higher position of power. They'd probably start mass producing them for pacifistas..

Maybe it's what was meant by "Giving the Marines unforeseen power"..
    Last edited by Densuke; May 13th, 2012 at 12:57 AM.

Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKid View Post
    Considering Kizaru mentioned that about Marco and he also fought Hawkins, I'd say no. He's definitely a paramecia, like the other Supernovas minus Drake. I'm guessing if he's a straw-straw no mi or voodoo-voodoo no mi. He lost my respect after he said he saw the "shadow of death" on Brownbeard and didn't kill him, meaning he doesn't have some amazing prediction ability.
    about the shadow of death at first i tough the same but law is the surgeon of death so that would be a meaning to shadow of death, or
    that he had brownbeard life on his hand but decide to spare him, if we think that people can choose their own destiny changing prediction as luffy did on FI

Quote Originally Posted by leosukita View Post
    about the shadow of death at first i tough the same but law is the surgeon of death so that would be a meaning to shadow of death, or
    that he had brownbeard life on his hand but decide to spare him, if we think that people can choose their own destiny changing prediction as luffy did on FI
    We don't know if he did, it could happen a year from now or 5 years from now (in the storyline) according to Sharley.
    If you're not prepared to die. Stay out of this sea!

We don't know if he did, it could happen a year from now or 5 years from now (in the storyline) according to Sharley.
    it was an example of a possibility of changing the destiny, i agree we can't assure anything on the matter if he did or not changed it

Hawkins could have also just been wrong. This is the New World after all.

Considering Kizaru mentioned that about Marco and he also fought Hawkins, I'd say no. He's definitely a paramecia, like the other Supernovas minus Drake. I'm guessing if he's a straw-straw no mi or voodoo-voodoo no mi. He lost my respect after he said he saw the "shadow of death" on Brownbeard and didn't kill him, meaning he doesn't have some amazing prediction ability.
    Pretty sure he just meant a certain high probability of his death. No more.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

But isn't Brownbeard dead as of this chapter? Or is he just gonna stand up again? (Igaram, Pagaya)

Actually, Hawkins predictions aren't based on visions (like Shirley's) - instead, he is apparently able to "calculate" the percentage of a certain event occurring.

So when he said that he saw the shadow of death lurking over Brownbeard, that doesn't mean that he saw that he was going to die - he may have just meant that his probability of dying was, let's say, 99%. So his prediction wasn't "wrong" - Brownbeard was just extremely lucky to have survived.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules197 View Post
    Actually, Hawkins predictions aren't based on visions (like Shirley's) - instead, he is apparently able to "calculate" the percentage of a certain event occurring.

So when he said that he saw the shadow of death lurking over Brownbeard, that doesn't mean that he saw that he was going to die - he may have just meant that his probability of dying was, let's say, 99%. So his prediction wasn't "wrong" - Brownbeard was just extremely lucky to have survived.
    OH YEAH. Completely forgot it was percentages. : p. Good call.

What would you reaction be like upon finding out Mone(t) ate the "Omu-Omu (Parrot-Parrot) Fruit" and ended up looking similar to this
    Last edited by Densuke; May 13th, 2012 at 02:51 AM.

Discovered Stowaway Coruscation's Avatar

Hawkins as a MyZoan is very plausible IMO. Oda had Kizaru explicitly say that he's not sure what kind of fruit he has. "Buddha Statue" isn't so different from "Scarecrow" in terms of what could reasonably qualify as a Zoan. It also seems that Mythical Zoans comes with a special ability besides the transformation, which fits with his damage-transferring ability. Also, just the fact that he transformed sort of points in that direction. I don't think we've ever seen any Paramecia transform their bodies in the manner that he did. Enel even said something like "He's just a Paramecia... he can't change his body..." if I remember correctly. Form changes are usually associated with the Zoan class. Enel shows that Logia can do it, but we know Hawkins isn't that.

Well scarecrows aren't really mythical beings....Just saiyan.

saiyan aren't mythical either.they're just monkey warriors from another planet

Quote Originally Posted by Coruscation View Post
    Hawkins as a MyZoan is very plausible IMO. Oda had Kizaru explicitly say that he's not sure what kind of fruit he has. "Buddha Statue" isn't so different from "Scarecrow" in terms of what could reasonably qualify as a Zoan. It also seems that Mythical Zoans comes with a special ability besides the transformation, which fits with his damage-transferring ability. Also, just the fact that he transformed sort of points in that direction. I don't think we've ever seen any Paramecia transform their bodies in the manner that he did. Enel even said something like "He's just a Paramecia... he can't change his body..." if I remember correctly. Form changes are usually associated with the Zoan class. Enel shows that Logia can do it, but we know Hawkins isn't that.
    Well, thats not always the case with Paramecias. Like Magellan or even Bon and Iva.
    Reading : Homunculus, Blade of the Immortal
    Watching : Beelzebub, Slam Dunk

Quote Originally Posted by Coruscation View Post
    Kizaru just pointed out that Hawkins wasn't a Logia. He never said he wasn't sure about Hawkins' DF type. And I'm sure Enel's quote refers to Luffy's ability not being Logia-based, as Logias can also change their bodies to the element they control.

Also, scarecrows aren't mythical.

Scarecrows aren't mythical, however voodoo dolls are magical, so..

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Kizaru just pointed out that Hawkins wasn't a Logia. He never said he wasn't sure about Hawkins' DF type.
    Yes he does. In Chapter 509, he expresses confusion as to what DF Hawkins has.

Discovered Stowaway Coruscation's Avatar

Well, thats not always the case with Paramecias. Like Magellan or even Bon and Iva.
    Fair about Mr. 2 - sort of, it's not quite the same - but in Iva's case the changing of the body is a way he utilizes the core power (creating hormones) and Magellan never changes his body at all. I'm not really sure how Hawkins would be explained as a Paramecia. That kind of transformation is usually associated with Zoan. Not that I can't imagine Oda having an explanation, but for me it kind of, combined with the deliberate ambiguity from Kizaru, points toward it being of the animal class.

Kizaru just pointed out that Hawkins wasn't a Logia. He never said he wasn't sure about Hawkins' DF type.
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2616-...apter-509.html

He said he doesn't know what ability he has, but he doesn't think it's a Logia. The alternatives are...?

Call it voodoo doll if you prefer then. I think it could go either way.

I posted this in the chapter thread, but feel like it might be more appropriate here:

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned.
    It just occurred to me that maybe the Gas Gas Fruit is not in CC's body, but in his cloak!
    The way he is drawn, constantly robed in gas makes me think this. It would be interesting if he knew of a way to take direct control of the Gas Gas Fruit's powers for himself, even if he hasn't consumed the fruit. Perhaps he learned this from Vegapunk?
    I think it would make him a particularly formidable enemy - in a fight against someone who doesn't know better, he could fake his death by falling into the water.
    What if the cloak "consumes" him when he puts it on, and since his willpower is stronger than the cloak's - the cloak shouldn't be sentient, right? - he takes control of the powers.

It would be interesting if "consuming" the fruit simply meant putting it inside you. An object could easily be made to consume a fruit by building pieces of the fruit (or the whole fruit) into it. I know that it is a little backwards to think of the fruit object then "consuming" a person, upon which the person gets the powers, but it might be worth thinking about.

Dunno, think it might be an interesting twist. Any thoughts?

Again, sorry if it has already been mentioned.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information