View Poll Results: What do you believe Doflamingo's DF is?

Voters
338. You may not vote on this poll
  • String String (Suji Suji)

    247 73.08%
  • Puppeteer Fruit

    47 13.91%
  • Spider Zoan

    10 2.96%
  • Something Else

    34 10.06%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 280 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 5588

Thread: General Devil Fruit Discussion

  1. #1021

    Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

    As soon as you start applying real world science to this or any other manga, you have lost the game.

  2. #1022

    Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

    To be honest, I just think it'd be kind of cool to see Akainu do something like that, set up a trap to coat Croc in soda and glass him. I like traps and seeing ruthless bastards being proved to be smart ruthless bastards.

    Also, I see no issue with using science to speculate. Worst that can happen is that it doesn't happen. In which case big deal, but it's still fun to speculate. Science gives you more options to speculate, not less. And that's where the entertainment lies in my opinion.

  3. #1023

    Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant Lustoid View Post
    To be honest, I just think it'd be kind of cool to see Akainu do something like that, set up a trap to coat Croc in soda and glass him. I like traps and seeing ruthless bastards being proved to be smart ruthless bastards.

    Also, I see no issue with using science to speculate. Worst that can happen is that it doesn't happen. In which case big deal, but it's still fun to speculate. Science gives you more options to speculate, not less. And that's where the entertainment lies in my opinion.
    That is simply not true.

    Science says there's gravity, manga says there's islands floating upside down in the sky in the new world. Science says clouds are not a thick material, manga says they make furniture out of clouds. More science you apply the more you restrict the imagination.

    If any person had suggested either of those before the appeared in the manga, any person who applies science in these forums would have said "wtf, you idiot that's just stupid".

    Although science is quite spectacular, don't get me wrong, it is just not the best tool for story telling.

  4. #1024

    Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

    The reason I say it gives you more is because we know that Oda can and does ignore science at times but doesn't always. Rubber vs electricity is a basic sort of science. So with science you get 1) What could happen if science is applied or 2) what could happen if Oda ignores science.

    I use the Croc/Akainu thing as an example. Without using science you could come to two probable assumptions: Akainu can melt Croc into glass, or Akainu couldn't do it. One or the other, depending on how Oda decides to take it. Using science as a supplementary source has provided me with an interesting third option, which though unlikely to happen is fun to think about anyway: Soda trap to lower the melting point. If you use science to build up further ideas to supplement unscientific ideas, you end up with a broader range. Restricting yourself to either "only science" or "only fantasy" to me limits the sources of inspiration you can draw from for speculation.

  5. #1025

    Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

    There is this interesting genre you might want to take a look at... It's called science fiction, it might give you some ideas on this topic.

  6. #1026
    Enbima Yonezu Oni Giri Kokutou Yoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Thousand Sunny

    Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    As we saw from this episode, he did stab him...but i don't believe WB used haki. We know WB has all 3 forms of haki, but because of his health, he couldn't use any of them. Squard's attack, him slicing Kizaru with his bisento and we know he has the intimidation one which he couldn't use to save Ace from being executed
    that part hasn't happened yet.

    Edit:
    I guess my comment got moved from the anime section
    Last edited by Kokutou Yoru; November 21st, 2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Babies under 3 shouldn't smoke.

  7. #1027
    Partially insane Cymelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

    Ok here is a question.

    If Vegapunk has discovered a way to make objects "eat" DF as shown in the series by the Dog Gun - and the Elephant Sword.
    These were both Zoan type DF - my question is semi two fold.

    Could a full body cloak be infused with a Logia DF?
    Now as we know the abilities of a DF user extends to his clothing - could DF infused clothing extend to the wearer?

    What I am getting at is does anyone think it would be possible to give a logia ability to the cloak - have a non DF person using the cloak getting full benefit of it's immunities but not its waterbased weakness?

  8. #1028
    the reVolutionary flandrian15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    A window sill

    Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

    My guess is that the answer is no. Like you said, all inamate object with devil fruit powers have been zoans. The reason for that is that an inamate object has no life, no will and no mind of its own. It can not act on it's own so having it eat a devil fruit like paramecia or logia would lead to nothing at all. Something has to live in order to enable it to activate and use devil fruit powers would be the most logical assumption. Seeing zoans actually make you become an animal this does work.
    On an entirely different note, I think Bepo has the speach speach fruit or something amongst those lines. So that he is an actual bear but can speak the human language.

  9. #1029
    Partially insane Cymelion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by flandrian15 View Post
    My guess is that the answer is no. Like you said, all inamate object with devil fruit powers have been zoans. The reason for that is that an inamate object has no life, no will and no mind of its own. It can not act on it's own so having it eat a devil fruit like paramecia or logia would lead to nothing at all. Something has to live in order to enable it to activate and use devil fruit powers would be the most logical assumption. Seeing zoans actually make you become an animal this does work.
    Hmmm I can see your point - I'm sure there could be a way around it if someone desperately wanted it to be so but I'm trying to make an actual effort to scale back some of my enthusiasm for things in the manga - besides we don't even know how DF really work yet and apparently will not until Vegapunk makes his appearance.


    On an entirely different note, I think Bepo has the speach speach fruit or something amongst those lines. So that he is an actual bear but can speak the human language.
    Or he could be like Fishmen ergo a bearman - there may be a whole race of them (pandaman) But I don't know I guess we'll see when we find out a little more about Law and his crew.

  10. #1030

    Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

    well inside devil fruits is a spirit the reason you can't eat more than 2 is because these spirits would fight each other inside the body destroying the user however blackbeard body probly either has 2 hearts or his darkness devil fruit stops the other one from using its power

  11. #1031

    Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Cymelion View Post
    Ok here is a question.

    If Vegapunk has discovered a way to make objects "eat" DF as shown in the series by the Dog Gun - and the Elephant Sword.
    These were both Zoan type DF - my question is semi two fold.

    Could a full body cloak be infused with a Logia DF?
    Now as we know the abilities of a DF user extends to his clothing - could DF infused clothing extend to the wearer?

    What I am getting at is does anyone think it would be possible to give a logia ability to the cloak - have a non DF person using the cloak getting full benefit of it's immunities but not its waterbased weakness?
    I believe it's only a matter of time before we see an object that ate another kind of fruit. I envision something along the lines of Aum/Ohm's cloud sword. How it's controlled makes no sense, but that's not the point.

  12. #1032

    Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

    Hmmm I always figured that's the reason we only have seen Zoan infused objects, because it gives them a consciousness that allows them to be controlled and that we never will see any other kind of ability infused into an object.

    I wonder though, when you give an object a DF does that mean that you have lost that DF permanently? No two people, or things, one would assume, can have the same DF at the same time. Normally when someone eats a DF they eventually die and the fruit somehow become available again, however objects don't really die, do they?
    Last edited by Louis cypher; November 22nd, 2010 at 09:02 AM.

  13. #1033

    Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

    My thoughts are the same. Only Zoan Devil fruits can be imbued within an object.
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

  14. #1034

    Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

    What if the object is destroyed? What if the elephant sword
    was in elephant form, and fell in the ocean?

  15. #1035

    Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

    *shrug* that's what I was asking all of you...

  16. #1036

    Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

    I figure same poo as with the regular DF user

    1) the elephant would be unable to swim and sink

    2) if destroyed = same as if a df user is destroyed/killed
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

  17. #1037

    Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

    Does anyone else think that the elephant fruit was wasted? I'd like to have seen an elephant man, but what we got was an elephant sword used by Spandam, who couldn't show its true potential. Well, I hope we'll get to see lion, gorilla or crocodile fruit that isn't given to a weapon. Those are probably the most interesting ones among the regular Zoan fruits.

  18. #1038
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Sep 2009

    Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by murderedboy View Post
    That is simply not true.

    Science says there's gravity, manga says there's islands floating upside down in the sky in the new world. Science says clouds are not a thick material, manga says they make furniture out of clouds. More science you apply the more you restrict the imagination.

    If any person had suggested either of those before the appeared in the manga, any person who applies science in these forums would have said "wtf, you idiot that's just stupid".

    Although science is quite spectacular, don't get me wrong, it is just not the best tool for story telling.
    Science only ever leads to more questions. Therefore more to imagine.

  19. #1039
    the reVolutionary flandrian15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    A window sill

    Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Oksa View Post
    Does anyone else think that the elephant fruit was wasted? I'd like to have seen an elephant man, but what we got was an elephant sword used by Spandam, who couldn't show its true potential. Well, I hope we'll get to see lion, gorilla or crocodile fruit that isn't given to a weapon. Those are probably the most interesting ones among the regular Zoan fruits.
    don't worry, we'll get a mammoth zoan sooner or later, mark my words. . .
    and a sloth zoan
    and a sabre tooth tiger zoan, in the same crew of course.

    It's the only way I can even remotely understand why those beings could talk in Ice Age so they have to be shown

  20. #1040

    Default Re: General Devil Fruit Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    I never said i was 100% right and everyone was wrong. I'm just expressin a theory, i believe it to be correct based on my own understanding./
    And whats ur problem with me doin "..."?
    You never explicitly said you were right, but you said it with the same absoluteness as someone who thinks they're entirely right.
    And the multiple ellipses, to me at least, just represents a real lack of confidence. I can only imagine the voice of the person typing it to have a wavering, droning voice

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts