+ Reply to Thread
Page 326 of 326 FirstFirst ... 226 276 316 324 325 326
Results 6,501 to 6,515 of 6515

Thread: Doctor Who

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

Default Re: Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Now I'm wondering if Rasillion is going to regenerate into a woman. He was old last time we saw him.
    I am 100 percent fine with Rasillion forever being a crotchety old man hell bent (HA) on keeping power.

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Oh definitely. I've had a large group of friends that have been telling me I need to see it. It was just kinda daunting because I already have so many movies, video games, comics and TV shows on my various backlogs.... it's pretty daunting getting through them.
    It's always hit or miss - you're going to have to sit through at least a crap episode per season (ymmv). But when it's good, it's GREAT.

I found it to be a very easily bingeable show. I got into it in 2013 and I got through 7 seasons in a less than a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    The funny thing is that Doctor Who (at least the 2005 series, I haven't seen the earlier series) has never been too shy about being progressive. So I have to wonder exactly what series have these haters been watching?
    It was the same for the new Star Trek series, all these people complaining about the PC brigade, too many POC, a woman in charge, etc. Star Trek is KNOWN for being progressive. The very first season was incredibly controversial with how much they focused on inclusiveness. They even had the first interracial kiss. But when people look at the show now, it doesn't feel that way because culture has changed to where what they were pushing for is now fairly normal.

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    Even the early series has its moments, mixed in with the casual racism and sexism of the day. For every Celestial Toymaker there's a Barbara running over Daleks with a lorry.
    I always thought Barbara was a very progressive character. She had her damsel in distress moments, but she was usually the one figuring things out, setting the doctor straight, doing the right thing. I felt like she was really the lead character for a lot of the episodes.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Just a reminder that this has finally become reality. Though, ironically, not under Moffat's reign (skip to 17:50).

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

https://twitter.com/DrWhoOnline/stat...92760381906945

Deborah Watling, who played Second Doctor companion Victoria, has passed away.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

https://twitter.com/DrWhoOnline/stat...92760381906945

Deborah Watling, who played Second Doctor companion Victoria, has passed away.
    Aw :( I liked Victoria. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
    Aw :( I liked Victoria. RIP.
    I preferred Zoe myself, but definitely liked Victoria fine.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.

I prefer a lot of companions, but it didn't really seem relevant to mention that in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayama View Post
    Going by what looks like Polly at 0:17,I think we'll be seeing modern version of Tenth Planet scenes (I was thinking the Polly but looked like the "wearing a bit thin"scene)

Waldorf:

Spoiler:
    Seems like Bill might meet lady doctor

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

This month Big Finish released its second volume of "Classic Doctors, New Monsters". I'm listening to the first of four stories. I'm listening to the first, the Fourth Doctor and the Vashta Nerada. There's another story with the Eighth Doctor and the VAN. Other two are Fifth and the Racnoss and Sixth and the Carrionites.

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v...volume-02-1472

Waldorf:

Sadly, I have to wait until Monday to listen to it. :(

Formerly Vegard Aune Lord Starfish's Avatar

I just got done catching up on the series. Series 10 had its ups and downs, but on the whole I think it was better than series 9... mainly in that the ending didn't outright piss me off. I mean I was a bit annoyed for a second when it looked like they were gonna do a regeneration fakeout again, but then the very ending and the setup for the Christmas special pretty much debunked that; He's already regenerating, it's just a matter of how long it'll take for him to accept that and let it happen. Though yeah, Bill's ending was pretty much exactly the same as Clara's. Also, suuuuuuuuure the Master is dead. Clearly we are never going to see this character again. Gotta say, the interactions between the two Masters was pretty cool though. After all these multi-Doctor stories, getting a multi-Master one instead was a pretty neat twist.

Also, David Bradley makes for a damn good First Doctor. I thought so during An Adventure Through Space and Time too, so seeing them actually bring him back to play the actual character (rather than playing William Hartnell playing the character) is quite nice.
    Yibis One Piece Fansubs
    http://yibis.com - #yibis@irc.rizon.net

Not strictly Doctor Who, but definitely worth the link: Jon Pertwee interviewing William Shatner.

https://youtu.be/EtYiOQ5NquQ

Waldorf:

Not strictly Doctor Who, but definitely worth the link: Jon Pertwee interviewing William Shatner.

https://youtu.be/EtYiOQ5NquQ
    Wow, never knew this existed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information