+ Reply to Thread
Page 330 of 332 FirstFirst ... 230 280 320 328 329 330 331 332 LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,600 of 6637

Thread: Doctor Who

Default Re: Doctor Who

That was a really fucking good episode. Best episode I've seen in years. Not only did it look visually the best Doctor Who has ever looked, I actually cared about side characters again. The people felt as important as the Doctor if not more so which is always the dynamic that should have been kept before Moffat ruined it and made the Doctor the most important being in the universe. Maybe my standards have been skewed but just having the simple things like a slow paced well built up narrative exploring a simple idea or mystery without shoving in a billion plot twists or convolutions gave me a lot of pleasure. And the acting was really top notch. More of this please. I missed this Doctor Who!
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post

Spoiler:
    What happened to the second tooth alien? For all we know, he's still out there hunting that guy.

And The Doctor didn't really do anything to resolve the problem of they'll-just-come-back-in-another-few-years-and-do-it-again. Hell, if anything, they may be totally pissed off know and attack Earth in droves.

If I'm mistaken about these or if they explained these problems and I just missed them, please let me know.
    Spoiler:
    What second alien? I only saw one?

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
    Spoiler:
    What second alien? I only saw one?
    Spoiler:
    There were two of those pods, weren't there? Or was there just one pod that was somehow transferred to the warehouse?

And didn't they say he had to be the first to catch the designated human, hence why he cheated?

Again, maybe I completely misheard or wasn't paying attention.

EDIT: Okay, yeah, apparently I completely missed the part where they said the pod was taken to the warehouse by that one guy. I just assumed it was a second one.
    Last edited by Nobodyman; October 8th, 2018 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Spoiler:
    There were two of those pods, weren't there? Or was there just one pod that was somehow transferred to the warehouse?

And didn't they say he had to be the first to catch the designated human, hence why he cheated?

Again, maybe I completely misheard or wasn't paying attention.

EDIT: Okay, yeah, apparently I completely missed the part where they said the pod was taken to the warehouse by that one guy. I just assumed it was a second one.
    Hehe, yeah....And the wire tentacling thing belonged to him.
    I don't know if you watched on BBCA, but I was really mad about how much they edited for their stupid commercials. No opening or ending theme, and I'm absolutely certain they made cuts to the actual episode (they've done this before). There were parts where it clearly jumped or looked like dialogue was truncated. (edit - ok so apparently the opening theme wasn't there for anyone for the premiere, but the ending credits were cut)
    Last edited by CosmicDebris; October 8th, 2018 at 10:39 AM.

The new feel to the show is pretty great. The cinematography has been kicked up a notch and the characters are getting more spotlight than the plot. It also takes some risks, and I was really surprised that
    Spoiler:
    We never saw the TARDIS throughout the episode.

And she makes her own sonic, which is growing on me. It's not a risk, but I am lost as to how she claims it's the same sonic yet it was made with brand new parts? Oh well, it's not that big of a deal to me.

The plot was interesting but there wasn't much of it. If anything, the whole alien plot was essentially there to unite those characters. And I'm okay with that.

I'm liking Whittaker so far. She hasn't really done anything that's put me off or dislike her, but she hasn't completely wowed me just yet. But hey, it's only the first episode! I'm excited to see how the season will pan out as a whole, as this feels like it'll take on a serialized format.

Most of the Doctors have taken time to grow on me somewhat and all of them are at their best in subsequent seasons, IMO. Except Eccleston of course which is tragic. ;)

Honest trailers

Spoiler:

Was into the characters more than the plot, which is a good thing if I had to choose between the two. Don't have a feel on The Doctor's personality yet, but I felt like that with most of the Doctors in the beginning. I do like her immediately helping people like normal, basically, putting her own situation on hold, and her disapproving of that guy kicking the monster off the crane. All in all, I want to see more.

Still iffy about her outfit, but I like they're going with something other than a suit.

NNID: jervinnectar

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

https://whobackwhen.com/category/bonus-episodes/

A little bit of fun from the gang at the Who Back When podcast.

The first link on that page is their reaction to the season premiere and Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor. I haven't listened to that one yet because I'm going to see it in theaters tonight with one of my roommates so I'm keeping myself spoiler light.

The four links below that one are Who Back When's self-made, four-part Doctor Who audiobook, Operation Pandorica, which tells the tale of the last known sighting of the Last Centurion, during the London Blitz, as told by the last living eyewitness, Wilfred Mott.

I've listened to the first part and highlights include failure of the Dalek Bechdel Test and Wilf freaking out when he thinks the Centurion has eyes for his shouty ginger girlfriend.

Waldorf:
    You know Statler, after watching the last seven hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

That new opener? Beautiful. Visually delightful, and sounds great, too.

As for the episode, I liked it. Wouldn't say I loved it, and interestingly enough, the plot was typical DW, but I enjoyed it more because of how it was… handled, I guess? Slower paced moments to actually develop the characters. It just makes the story feels less flimsy and more significant.

So. The Ghost Monument.
    Spoiler:
    Ha, "Ghost", I love that new take on the TARDIS. The interior is nice and I like the roundels that look like they're floating, although I'm not sold yet on the crystal central column. Matches the motif of the new sonic which I'm not crazy about either, but maybe that organic look just isn't my thing.

And the arc:
    Spoiler:
    Glad to know Tim Shaw wasn't a total throwaway from episode one! I'm guessing his race will be the main antagonist for the season, and I'm excited to see how Chibnall handles the final if he takes the slow-burn & build approach.

The Tardis must have became a real fan of Apiculture while he was there. For a moment I wondered if it went emo.

I really enjoy the companions(sadly my favorite didn't get to be part of the travel) except for the police lady that was kind of empty and boring last time but this time is just neutral. And It's nice to care for side characters.

I am having a much easier time with 13th than with any new who introduction(except 9th) so that's great. She isn't great yet at being the doctor but no doctor ever started at such(maybe 9th? not sure) and she actually starting much better than the others.

I like the new screw driver. Kind of look like something the doctor would make from the spare parts of Cyberman and looks really scifi-ish. Not really doctory(lack the busyness or quirky) but definitely scifi.

Last episode was fine but did a really good job on character. On this one I felt a certain dissonance between the setting and the characters. Sepaaretely they worked but they did not fit together. but it was still a fine

Although
    Spoiler:
    I don't buy at all that the guy would share the price willingly. The episode did not earn that payoff but I am happy for the girl.

I was surprise The Doctor sucks at knowing money but he never pays for stuff.

lol what did you guys think of the breaking the glass ceiling commercial?

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicań of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Huh?
    *comes back from google search*
    I don't have a problem with it. Guess there are people against it if you're asking. Either hating The Doctor being female or the BBC bringing attention to it. It's something new for the Doctor, might as well celebrate it as long as it isn't the only thing that defines The 13th.

Delightfully catoon villain, ridiculous villain that are a major threat, pot shots at big figures, zanny doctor and a crowd to follow and enlighthen the Zanny. This episode 4 was the first I felt was 100% doctor who and I loved it.

Last episode was great. Just very different also.

Spoiler:
    Felt like kind of a missed opportunity to not make the spiders the same ones as those from Planet of the Spiders, but still a pretty good episode. And although I agree with the anti-Trump sentiment, it, uh...felt a bit too on-the-nose.

They really didn't need to make them like that old episode, they're terrible. Also these weren't sentient aliens like they were. XD

Schr÷dinger's Giraffe Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar

Is it just me or are a lot of antagonists from the episodes being set up each episode?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Is it just me or are a lot of antagonists from the episodes being set up each episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden_Giraffe View Post
    Oh! I didn't catch that. And one works whether The Doctor's in space, through time, or on Earth. Interesting. Now, if only the 13th can get some new memorable recurring monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden_Giraffe View Post
    I don't understand what you mean.

I think he means all three will come back at some point.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information