+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 327 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who

Default Re: Doctor Who

I've heard they'll bring back the Master if they can find the right actor. In my humble opinion Anthony Head WAS the perfect actor (especally considering how well he portrayed Hector Finch), so I'm dissapointed he only got to play a "minor villain" (in comparison to the Master anyway).

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Local-chan's Avatar

Yea thats the problem, since he's a minor villain he probably won't be the Master :(

Then again, that girl from the Charles Dickens episode is due to be a major character in the Torchwood series.

I did once think up a theory that the Headmaster could (somehow) survive and gain some of the Doctor's genes, giving him some Time Lord abilities. That way he COULD become some kind of Master substitute.

Developing on my "Master is the mastermind behind the war" idea, he could take it one step further and kill Rose himself, angering the Doctor and resulting in the chase I suggested. Heck, I think that's the perfect way to do that.

hmmm a pretty good theory, although I'm certain that the only returning character (from a while back) that we'll see again this series is Davros, and even then it'll be a longshot. However I think we'll see the Krillatines once again next series.

Spoiler:
    Thing is, like what was said in the episode. We know that the Cybermen followed the Daleks through the rift, thus coming to this dimension, and we know that others such as Pete Tyler and Mickey followed the Cybermen. However, I feel that the Daleks have been in the sphere for a long time, before the Time War at least, and 'not' existing for a while, thus why they couldn't figure out what the sphere was (cus it didn't exist) I somehow don't think that the Master could do that.

However, since we have the inclustion of the Genesis Arc which the Daleks seem to be so determined to protect, and the inclusion of a Genesis Dalek (can't remember the black ones real name) its gotta be something that can increase their species. (Although there is one that is on earth somewhere from the episode Dalek) The only thing I could think of is Davros himself, though its a longshot.
    Last edited by Local-chan; July 5th, 2006 at 12:01 AM.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/companion.shtml

seems that we got the new companion, that woman who got turned into a CyberSlave in the recent episode....god I hope shes better than in that episode, she was craptacular.

So, she'll be playing a new character. At this moment in time I'm not sure how that will work.

Then again I do remember in the old series, a Time Lord can regenerate to look like someone else. At this moment in time that's the only way I can think of it, which can't work because of the Time War (out of interest, why did they choose to make the Doctor the last Time Lord?). An alternative reality version wouldn't really work as a "new character" (IMO anyway).

As for the surprise, I have a feeling it will be Jack. However as a fan of the Master, I'm ever hopeful it will be him instead.

well I'm pretty sure that it was said that Jack was due to come in sometime next series to console the Doctor over Rose's death, so thats probably the Christmas special.

Yea, it looks pretty stupid having her return so soon, fair enough if she was in lets say, the Rise of the Cybermen/Age of Steel/Idiot's Lantern episodes, as thats quite a gap. However most people will look at her and be like...wtf, didn't she just die 0.o

Also, was she the woman in the 'Long Game' episode? She sure does remind me of her.

As for the Time War, did they ever show it? Its been so long I can't remember, I'm sure we never did see it.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Ms. Suave Debonair's Avatar

It was stated in one of the doctor who books, based on the travels of the 8th doctor. ' The ancestor cell', that the doctor tried to prevent the 'faction paradox' from starting a war between the time lords and an unamed enemy but, in doing so, caused the destruction of Gallifrey.

In another book, (same series of books) it was believed that Gallifrey had been blown up but the Time Lords had survived but it became impossible to access any part of Gallifrey's history or future.

In the new doctor who series, the doctor says he is the last of the Time Lords. The Time war (to date) hasn't been shown but many references have been made by the 9th Doctor. What we know is...
    Spoiler:
    The Time Wars was fought between the Time Lords and the Daleks, (the doctor fought in this war), the Daleks, were apparantly beaten but only at the expense of the entire Time Lord race (except for the doctor).

You learn that only the Doctor and the Dalek seen in 'Dalek', survived but after the Dalek commited suicide, the doctor believed he was the last remaining survivor.
    The Time War was felt throughout time and space and many of the aliens you see in the first season encountered problems due to it.

You find out however that the Dalek emperor's ship survived but fell through time, they lay hidden and slowly rebuilt until finally showing themselves in the season 1 finale.

That's all I can be arsed to explain right now...except for....
    Spoiler:
    The Time War is believed what caused the doctor's regeneration of the to the 9th doctor.
    I should of just said..
    No, you haven't seen it
    Last edited by Ms. Suave Debonair; July 6th, 2006 at 04:07 PM.

Hmmmm true, I wasn't too sure, my memories of the older series are pretty bad lol.

Anyways, I dunno why but I felt the Face of Boe could have been something to do with the timelords. I mean, its said that he has lived for ages, its a long shot but he could in fact be a regenerated Time Lord or whatever.

Anywas, as for Rose's death.

Spoiler:
    From the trailors done this week it seems that either the Supreme Dalek (Black) is gonna kill her, or shes gonna sacrifice herself to kill them all.....I just hope its the first, I'm sick of Rose saving the day almost everytime.

Also, I hope Yvonne snuffs it, I HATE her
    Last edited by Local-chan; July 7th, 2006 at 01:40 PM.

wow, unbelievable episode, hell, even I had a lump in my throat in the ending.

Spoiler:
    So then, first things first, Daleks vs Cybermen, pretty awesome, not as awesome as I hoped, I wanted the Cybers to at least kill one or two of the initial Daleks, they seemed to get pwned FAR too easily and it seemed that it was more like Humans and Cybermen vs Daleks.

Yyvone's upgrade was awesome, tho I HATED HATED HAAAAAATED the fact that she came back as a good Cyberman, tho the oil tears was pretty cool.

Daleks with names, good god that was awesome lol and Amusing.

The Genesis Arc, hmmmm well I was hoping it was gonna be Davros but a Time Lord prison ship, wow just wow, I knew that the Daleks were gonna end up taking the fight outside but not in the way they did.

The Cyber Commander, god I was pissed at how he snuffed it far too early, but then we got another one....who was killed by the Yyvone one.....then again, her and the other Cybers who got converted are still on this earth.

Cybermen and Daleks 'alliance' god that whole scene cracked me up, I laughed so much with the Cybermen and Daleks fighting over who will say their name first lol.

The Supreme Dalek, was I the only one who noticed that he managed to get away....hmmmm I wonder where too....

And finally we come to the Rose's death, well I didn't expect her to end up through into the void with the cybers and daleks, but I was suprised to see her go into the Cybermen universe. I somehow seemed ripped off, I love Rose and all but I still wanted to see her die. It was quite a nice scene after with her managing to confess her love to the Doctor. Tho he did seem to get over her quite quickly lol, I sorta wanted it to go on for longer lol.

And the very very VERY Finale....oh look....fun....a cliffhanger XD With a chav bride to boot, DAMN YOU CLIFFHANGERS! MAKING US WAIT TILL CHRISTMAS! haha can't wait.

wow, that was long and detailed, now to watch the left of confidential lol, missed the DoctorxRose bit too lol oh well.

Spoiler:
    Damn it. I wanted her and her mother to die. I started to find them REALLY annoying and was hoping for something like a bullet to the back of the head or something (OK, way to dark but I was hoping for somethign along those lines, say being deleted or exterminated).

I was a little dissapointed with the lack of Cybermen/Dalek fights (then again I was fiddling with a lap top). Like Jango I wouldn't mind seeing more Daleks killed by a Cyberman. I was also hoping for Davros to re-appear but once again he didn't.

Man it sucks that I have to wait until someone gets the episodes up on bittorrent. Tired of waiting. XD.

Sounds like a great episode though. It is too bad that Who doesn't have more popularity over here in the states.

But you know, they are probably never going to explain why the Doctor's new partner looks exactly like Yvonne. Unless in the next season/series they somehow think up a way to reverse the cyberman process....

image credit to Fleur. <3

DA LJ twitter

By the 7 Sons of Pwngoat! *Meh*'s Avatar

I dunno, what always made Dr. Who golden-for me, anyway-was the sheer cheesiness of the whole thing. The actors were typically a mixed bag of a few superb ones and more than a few scenery-chewers. To me, Tom Baker was the best Doctor, hands down.
    I'm like Hisotensoku: Not here to preserve peace, nor to destroy it. I certainly can't move mountains. Mostly, I'm just full of hot air.
    - *Meh*

Quote Originally Posted by omnichild
    But you know, they are probably never going to explain why the Doctor's new partner looks exactly like Yvonne. Unless in the next season/series they somehow think up a way to reverse the cyberman process....
    Like I said, its gonna be about a year till the next series (This is what? Series 24?) so most people wont recognise her, and she wasn't Yvonne, she was the one who got turned into a Cyberslave along with the two dudes during Army of Ghosts. But yea, initially I was gonna say she was gonna have a double in the cyberman world, but of course thats gonna be impossible now lol.

And I dunno why, but I always found Doctor Who pretty good in the graphics department, I mean....we had the Daleks, which were to say the least, scary back then. And the Cybermen looked like better versions of Bender from Futurama....

Also you have to remember, Doctor Who back then had a pretty small budget compared to Star Wars and Star Trek, which even then still looked god aweful.

Well now that Rose has gone to the other dimension with her Dad (Sort of), Mickey, and her mum. And Catherine Tate has found herself inside the Tardis. I wonder what the new series will be like when it starts at Christmas. I still think the latest Doctor is the best!

dude, spoiler that, there are still people who aint seen the episode yet.

Modern Pirate @Gunpoint Azegoroth's Avatar

Just saw the doomsday episode, the ending was so sad...
    Spoiler:
    Since the black Dalek escaped, and there might still be several cybermen still active(The one's created on earth). Methinks we've not seen the last of either metal monstrosity.

Looking forward to the next season(Argh, gotta wait until christmas!), David Tennant is doing a great job as The Doctor, so I'm glad they wont change him just yet.
    Too lazy for a proper sig.

Yea, I know for a fact that some Cybermen survived (some got upgraded during Doomsday so...) although it makes me wonder if there'll be any different Cybermen since this is a different reality.

I thought the only "Earth A" Cyberman was the Tourchwood woman who killed herself. But then again there is always that possibility, and the Doctor does need Cybermen almost as much as he needs Daleks.

If I remember correctly there was more than just Yyvonne, cos a couple went before her, and I think I remember them saying they need to upgrade as many as possible.

That and I get the feeling that Lumic survived somehow....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information