+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 327 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Local-chan's Avatar

Default Re: Doctor Who

Hmmmm does anyone know when Torchwood start? I was on Amazon and it says the DVD is due out at the end of the year....so that means that it must be starting sometime soon.

Hmm I would have no clue. I hope they bring Torchwood over to the US. But I doubt they will.

Anyway, what are we all going to do to fill our time until Christmas? Will fanfictions and the books be enough to hold us? Oh woe is me! I need my Doctor Fix.

image credit to Fleur. <3

DA LJ twitter

lol over here its ok really, cus of:

August: Series 2 vol 4 (The Ood episodes and Love and Monsters)
    September: Series 2 vol 5 (Fear Her, Doomsday and Army of Ghosts)
    October: 3 More Books
    November: The Invasion
    December: dunno
    Christmas Day: The Runaway Bride

Not to mention K-9 and Torchwood.

And on that note, anyone played the new K-9 game on the Doctor Who site? Its really fun lol, you should check it out.

Well you brits just suck. Keeping all the good doctor stuff to yourselves. Meanie heads. -sticks tongue out.-

DA LJ twitter

lol good for us lol, bout time we got stuff you guys want lol Tho I heard that series 2 is gonna be starting soon on the Sci-Fi channel over there.

But I have already seen all of series 2! I want something new!

DA LJ twitter

do what I did, go to Youtube and watch stuff, they have things like Pirates of The Caribbean Doctor Who version, and also the whole of the amazing arc 'Tomb of the Cybermen'

Well, just been reading some of the Doctor Who tie in sites (Although one of the Cybercorp sites seemed to be off limits from Torchwood >_>) and its pretty interesting lol

First off is the Cybercorp site that worked, pretty interesting how Lumic wanted people to have excersises (he also mentions the prototypes for the Cybermen having a weakness to gold)

The Van Statten one was ok, pretty much just him blabbing on about nothing.

Tho the Who is Doctor Who website (From the episode 'Rose') was pretty cool, with references to some of the older Doctors and Sarah Jane Smith asking for information lol, (even Arthur Dent from Hitchikers fame makes a statement lol) well worth checking out.

I've heard Torchwood will start in October of this year, but nothing else. Truthfully I'm not sure how I feel about this spin off. It could be great, or it may not work for one reason or another.

Yea, I dunno why but I just don't feel I could see Jack as a good main character, he was ok as a Companion but he'll probably just get old as the main character.

On another note, I got the original three stories today, so far they are awesome.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer AWB's Avatar

Doctor Who looks interesting, and I'm thinking of giving the series a try. Any particular stories that you guys can recommend?

oh I totally reccommend the episode in which Captain Jack is first introduced. Can't remember the name of it right now. But that is totally my favourite episode.

DA LJ twitter

Gotcha.

Someone explain the trash can robots to me. They seem so silly what with that weird voices and horrible movements. Also, I've heard that the series gets incrediblly violent. Are we talking strong people just getting sliced up and eternal-bleeding violence or Pulp Fiction graphically gory guts-a-flying-n-exploding-in-every-direction violence?

Omni, that ones the Lonely Child one right? If you are going that far back he's better off watching World War III or Rose.

as for 'the trashcans' are the Daleks, easily the best villains ever to be made in anything. (Yes, better than that pansy Vader)

As for the Gore, I wouldn't say its that bad myself, You never really see much blood in it if I remember, tho its more like unnatural deaths.

As for an episode to start at, I'd personally say:

An Unearthly Child/Rose/The Christmas Invasion, although if you want to see the most iconic episodes you NEED to watch Tomb of the Cybermen, Invasion, The Dalek invasion of earth and Genesis of the Daleks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 2 Jango
    as for 'the trashcans' are the Daleks, easily the best villains ever to be made in anything. (Yes, better than that pansy Vader)
    How remote control trash cans can beat Lord Vader, I'll believe it when I see it.
    As for the Gore, I wouldn't say its that bad myself, You never really see much blood in it if I remember, tho its more like unnatural deaths.
    Explain.

People are more vaporized then torn up and bloody gory stuff.

True Jango, iconic would be invasion, Rose, WW3 or the Dalek one. But I still prefer lonely child. Uber creepy. Granted the first episode with the mannequins creeped me out too.

And AWB, believe use Daleks pwn all.

DA LJ twitter

Yup, Daleks are literally pure evil. I don't know anyone who says they suck lol

As for the Mannequins? You mean the Autons? Lol I got a DVD today which had them in lol, I think it was the 3rd Doctor too lol.

no no I am talking about the living plastic with the ninth doctor. The first of this new show had the living mannequins or living plastic.

DA LJ twitter

Ohhhh you mean the Christmas invasion? With the Santas, god they made me laugh so much XD Tho I dun really think its a good place to start myself seeing as most of that the Doctor is in the middle of regeneration.

Tho apart from that the only ones I can think of what you mean is the Clockwork robots lol

Hahaha no, actually I am talking about 'Rose' episode. Heh, I forgot that Rose was the very first episode of this new set. Sorry!

Found a website that gives a synopsis of the episodes for all the doctors.

Click me

DA LJ twitter

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information