+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 327 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who

Default Doctor Who

Alright, did a search and didn't see a thread for this wonderful tv show.

Who else is watching the latest incarnation of Doctor Who?

image credit to Fleur. <3

DA LJ twitter

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Local-chan's Avatar

Default Re: Doctor Who

ooo! Me! Me! I am *puts up hand* this current series is pretty pwnsome, Mark Gatiss (League of Gentlemen) is writing a couple of the episodes so ^_^

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Ms. Suave Debonair's Avatar

Me, it's a great series. Been a fan of Doctor Who as long as I can remember and I was thrilled when it started again.
    Last series was good but I think this series is 2x as good Tennant is a better Doctor then Eccelstone IMO. I loved the cybermen episodes (anything with Trigger in it is an automatic win!) although Micky's whining about not being appreiciated by the doctor was a bit stupid
    Spoiler:
    ..and it was obvious he'd stay when he saw his Nan was still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad-Beat
    Last series was good but I think this series is 2x as good Tennant is a better Doctor then Eccelstone IMO. I loved the cybermen episodes
    Pretty much my opinion.

My mum is a Doctor Who fan and I grew up watching eps. I wasn't as big a fan as she is but I still enjoy it.

I watch it. I never saw many eps of the original series but I felt like I ought to watch this as its a Sci-fi legend reborn.
    On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Yes it was kinda obvious that Mickey would stay. And I am glad he did. Now maybe Rose will stop being as whiney about having to share "her" Doctor.

And apparently there is a rumor that K-9 might be getting his own show. Yay K-9!

DA LJ twitter

Quote Originally Posted by omnichild

And apparently there is a rumor that K-9 might be getting his own show. Yay K-9!
    K-9 is getting his own children's show..
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    K-9 Adventures will be a 26-part comedy/adventure series focusing on the adventures of the robot dog K-9, done in a mixture of computer animation and live action. K-9 originally appeared in the 1977 Doctor Who serial The Invisible Enemy and was a companion of the Fourth Doctor from 1977 to 1981.

Each episode will be 30 minutes long, made by Jetix Europe and London-based distribution outfit Park Entertainment. The project is being overseen by K-9's co-creator Bob Baker.

According to a report in Broadcast magazine, the BBC opted out of involvement in order to focus on their own Doctor Who spin-off, Torchwood, meaning that BBC-owned characters like the Doctor are unlikely to appear in the series. A broadcast date for the series has not been announced.

The program is to be set in outer space, and Jetix is planning a range of interactive toys to accompany the series.
    I don't have my hopes set on that one but I guess we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

What I remember about Doctor Who was his long scarf. Anyway, does this new incarnation have the Daleks in them?
    If I think I'm insane, does it mean I'm not? Because a truly insane person wouldn't know that they are insane?

Quote Originally Posted by Onigumo
    What I remember about Doctor Who was his long scarf. Anyway, does this new incarnation have the Daleks in them?
    the doctor with the long scarf was Tom Baker. The new incarnation DID have the daleks, during the Eccelstone saga as it were. They discovered the last remaining dalek in a museum. The Daleks were also in the season finale with the Dalek Emperor making an apperance.

I used to like the old Daleks that got pwned by stairs better myself....they were so funny.

gah that episode was freaky...

Sakura

Yeah im watching Doctor Who.I only just started watchin the new series , and havn't watched any of the old series except i only remember watchin an old clip with a card box thing last year.Im not a big fan of doctor Who, but the new series rock so far.

I love Doctor Who too =) Record the series every saturday night. It sucks that my friends have no clue what I'm on about when I'm talking about the Doctor, cause they're obviously missing out on a masterpiece. At least I have AP forums to chat about the Daleks.

Love the pic Advent'

mmm... yolko love (eggyxeggy). warning: don't cook them.

This is one show I definetly don't have to download as I live in England and have access to BBC1. It feels great knowing there's something so great on show here that foriegners are jealous of that fact.

P.S. The new Daleks can fly.
    On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho wolvesbane
    This is one show I definetly don't have to download as I live in England and have access to BBC1. It feels great knowing there's something so great on show here that foriegners are jealous of that fact.

P.S. The new Daleks can fly.
    Indeed, the BBC is good for something...

Yeah, the only thing they're good for is being the creators of Doctor Who.

And also loads of good comedies ^_^

Oh my gosh that episode with the gas masks was by far the creepiest one yet.

I must admit, I was a little disappointed at first when the doctor regenerated. Personally I loved the ninth doctor. Played by the wonderful Chris Eccelston. But David is starting to win my heart as the doctor.

And it is going to be a kid's show? Heh...maybe I will download it for my daughter to watch then.

Someone cosplayed as the doctor with the long scarf at ACEN. I huggled him a lot.

Plus we cannot forget about Captain Jack. I hope we get to see him again some day.

DA LJ twitter

Jack will be getting his own spin off series "Tourchwood", and will be appearing again in the 3rd Series. It'll be interesting how he reacts to the new Doctor. I'm not sure if he'll re-join the group though due to his ties with Tourchwood.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information