Thread: Spandam's Shoes

Default Spandam's Shoes

I know this has been brought up in other threads, but i thought it deserved it's own. I went back yesterday and read Enies Lobby (basically from where the Anime is to where the latest NULL version) and if you notice the shoes tend to get an incredible amount of screen time. While i was amongst the sceptics when the idea was first bought to fruition that they could also possess a devils fruit, i have to say i'm not coming round to the idea.

So, for the sake of my sanity, i've decided to put it up for discussion and allow more intelligent people to cite sources in which others peoples clothing has got so much screen time (not including fanservice of course).

Default Re: Spandam's Shoes

Well.. I'm not going to cite any sources, but instead give a few points regarding the possibility of DF shoes.

1) Spandam shows that he has a DF sword. More possible to have other DF items if one already knows of their existence.

2) He can obtain Devil Fruits rather easily.

3) He's shown to be a coward, so naturally would not want to eat the fruit for fear of a power that weakens him even further. Instead of eating the fruit himself, he gives it to his objects.

4) The shoes have tails.

5) They're given screen time.

6) Though an elephant sword might be powerful, Spandam is still viewed as "lame" by many fans. If Usoppking were to have to redeem himself by defeating a CP9, spandam's the only one left. It might make sense to give Spandam even more trump cards than the elephant sword since he's already seen as a major downgrade from the apparent opponent, Jabura.

Personally, I'm hoping this is true, since it'd be really cool to see multiple DFs in action. However, personally as well, I don't see it happening.

Maybe Spandam's shoes also have the Elephant Devil Fruit. Then he could ride an elephant and cut with an elephant. Wait a minute that still sounds stupid.....

Wasn't it said, there's only one of each fruit in the world?

Maybe...he cut the Elephant Devil Fruit with the sword, the sword absorbed the juices, and then he "fed" each half of the fruit to each shoe. Or not...but you never know.

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the
    Wasn't it said, there's only one of each fruit in the world?
    There's an easy way around that. Maybe his shoes are the hippo fruit and rhino fruit respectively. Those have similar tail I think...well maybe not the hippo.

But yeah, imagining Spandan 'running' around on zoan shoes would be interesting.

Because he likes kicking people? :)

hehe, Rhino Fruit and Hippo fruit? That would be weird as hll... imagine the special techinique: Trample performed by Spandam! Lol!
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Rhino and Hippo would be a good theme to go along with elephant. Huge grey-skinned heavy weight mammals.

Hey! It's weird how Mr. 3's hair was a fiery three, maybe he ate the "Three-On-Fire Three-On-Fire Fruit"? And Luffy's strawhat gets a lot of attention, too! Maybe it ate a devil fruit?

Jesus creeping shit, this is bad even for this board. The only explanation for Spandam's shoes having cute tails on them is that they are zoan fruits? The hell is this crap.
    Last edited by Cap'n Carter; June 30th, 2006 at 11:16 AM.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Speaking of which Lucci's Pigeon gets A LOT of frames...maybe he is special <_<, or maybe he is just a regular pigeon who happens to like chilling with Lucci. I would expect Lucci's Pigeon to have his own topic rather than Spandam's shoes.

Give it to me Gigi~

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter
    Hey! It's weird how Mr. 3's hair was a fiery three, maybe he ate the "Three-On-Fire Three-On-Fire Fruit"? And Luffy's strawhat gets a lot of attention, too! Maybe it ate a devil fruit?

Jesuscreeping shit, this is bad even for this board. The only explanation for Spandam's shoes having cute tails on them is that they are zoan fruits? The hell is this crap.
    you're posts are getting increasingly tedious, especially so with that example. any screen time that mr. three got for his number three was the same in which the other numerical agents got for their numbers as ultimately their numbers defined them as characters, now unless you're about to tell me that Spandam's shoes bare seepee-nine-bear tails or officer-lion tails. please be quiet and stop your moaning, every single thread, you're boring.

You're calling me boring, I can't imagine how boring it is to sit in front of the computer all day, speculating on pieces of anime footwear.

I also like how you completely missed my point. Good work.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Remember, his sword is actually a sword that ate the elephant fruit

So maybe his shoes are an Elephant that ate the a shoe fruit, yes as strange as that sounds.

So sword - elephant, and elephant - shoe, thus he could actually have two deadly elephant bodyguards when a fight breaks out.

I still think people are vastly underestimating Spandam. Not that hes going to be Kaku or Jyabura level or anything, but he's going to be much stronger than he appears in a fight simply because hes a coward and a weasel, and hes going to pack as much protective weaponry onto his person as possible.

Sailing the Rough waters in the back of the dryer

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter
    You're calling me boring, I can't imagine how boring it is to sit in front of the computer all day, speculating on pieces of anime footwear.

I also like how you completely missed my point. Good work.
    Alright, how's this: I write articles, it doesn't take long to finish work for the day, I'm between GF's, and quite frankly I DO enjoy sitting around talking about Anime footware. Beats the hell out of politics these days. I love comic books, loving comic books is a family tradition, and I'll thank you not to come around and piss all over my hobbies.

Back on topic, I'd love to see some Spandam Zoan Shoes. On the other hand I will laugh for a WEEK if there's another fight switch and Usopp fights Lucci.
    Riding a Rhino is safer so we Ride a Hippo for Adventure!

~Bobobobo BO-bobo~

PS: I am a big fan of kittens:love:

http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?im...ate=2005-12-25

I hope Spandam's shoes shit & piss on him, that way we can justify that he's a coprophiliac, as well as a zoophiliac. I'm pretty sure we already know he's a sadomasochist, so not much need to see more of that.

I'm sorry, but I really have to agree with Carter on this one. I think Spandam just likes elephants.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Credo quia absurdum non credere. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Thread Information