+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Volume 43 Discussion Thread

Default Re: Volume 43 Discussion Thread

Nice. Nami flippin' the bird.

ONE PIECE.... It tames the savage geek.

Anyone notice there's two different covers?

One has Nami doing a "Cmon" gesture, the other has her flipping the bird. Which one is the real one and which one is edited?
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by "Fire Fist" Ace
    Anyone notice there's two different covers?

One has Nami doing a "Cmon" gesture, the other has her flipping the bird. Which one is the real one and which one is edited?
    Hahaahaha, Nami flipping the bird is the fake mate.

O_o Nobody translated the SBS yet??? Christ on a cross guys, PM me or something. When I picked up the volume I saw that Satsuki already made scans and stuff so I thought it was already dissected to death. If no one has done anything by the time I get home tonight I'll write up the juicy details.

Regarding the fake cover, it's funny because it's what we all thought but only you did. You rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    O_o Nobody translated the SBS yet??? Christ on a cross guys, PM me or something. When I picked up the volume I saw that Satsuki already made scans and stuff so I thought it was already dissected to death. If no one has done anything by the time I get home tonight I'll write up the juicy details.
    Thank you in advance. ;o

It's been much too long of a wait for a translation...

Okay here's the juicy bits of SBS

After some more jokes about Robin using 'Chinko' Fleur as opposed to Cinco (which are pretty funny), he explains ((again)) that it's Spanish. Nothing special, just good silly fun.

A reader asked a very "AP-ish" question. If Sodom and Gomorah (sp) were supposed to represent a force going against 'God' represented as the World Government's power. He said he had no such intentions for meaning but that their origin is indeed from the Bible.

The man who gave Usopp some onigiri and goods in W7 is named Happa. He's a former bandit with a sense of humanity. He moved to W7 from the Gourmet Town Pucchi. He lives alone so those onigiri were made by him. They cotained Mizu Mizu Meat.

Even though Luffy is impervious to punches, why can Nami beat the shit out of him? Good question. That's because of the strong sense of admonition between close friends like them. When she beats him, it's not his body so much as the fact that she conects with his very spirit that she's beaten. Nice Oda.

A Frenchmen sent a letter that got in. He wasted a question. I don't even want to get into it. It's about French bread. Mortifying that of the hundreds of legit letters he gets from fans abroad, that got through.

The next question is whether Kalifa's tits jiggle or not when she uses Tekkai. The answer is great so I don't want to steal stephen's thunder on this one.

Then the birthdays which I believe you all have.

If Ener was on Earth, what might his bounty be? It'd be in the neighborhood of 500 million. After all, Luffy was lucky to be rubber. BUT, like Luffy said, there are even stronger guys on the blue sea.

How sexy could Sanji's Parajue (sp) Shot make a woman? Well, he won't kick a woman so we won't know. But it can only change a face. Not a body.

Good question. Why so many chapters in recent volumes? A volume must be 184 pages. 9 chaps clear that. But, it's because he WANTS to put in more like 10 or 11. It's a special treat for fans and kinda protecting his ass. It was tough for fans when he had an 11 chap. volume followed by a 9 chapter volume. In other words, Oda's got our back.

Question about Klabauterman's story in reality whether it existed before or not. We know the answer.

Remember the weird square-ish guy from a crowd in vol 35 of W7. I knew it was a matter of time before he got a name. He's Kakukaku (edge-edge) because he's more 'kaku' than Kaku. Nice Oda.
    Last edited by Greg; September 7th, 2006 at 04:48 PM.

Awesome stuff from the SBS as always, thanks Greg!! Kakukaku was great, I must say.

It's a nice SBS this time around, I think. Thumb's up to Oda.

And thanks for the trans, Greg.

I can't believe no-one has asked this yet! "Can someone scan the cover flap pic?" But please can someone? I haven't got my copy yet.

I liked the bit about Happa for some reason.

Remember the weird square-ish guy from a crowd in vol 35 of W7. I knew it was a matter of time before he got a name. He's Kakukaku (edge-edge) because he's more 'kaku' than Kaku. Nice Oda.
    I don't remember him. Anyone have a picture? EDIT: Nevermind, I saw it. Funny.

I thought of a kind of funny SBS question: What would the Strawhats (and mayeb other characters) look like if they were in the Foxy crew?

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

After some more jokes about Robin using 'Chinko' Fleur as opposed to Cinco (which are pretty funny), he explains ((again)) that it's Spanish. Nothing special, just good silly fun.
    I felt so immature for laughing at that one

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Credo quia absurdum non credere. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hey guys, check out this auction for volume 43.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ONE-PIECE-Eiichi...QQcmdZViewItem

EDIT- Happy bidding, everybody.

I'd rather buy it brand new in my local store for $6.

Aw darn. Never how expensive it is. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Louis
    Aw darn. Never how expensive it is. >.<
    If you're not counting the shipping cost. The auction price is not that bad. Like EvilGameX said, they cost around $6 retail. $5.50 plus tax to be exact. If i wanted it and didn't have any way to get it, i would buy via this auction.
    I didnt win the Nobel Prize in karate because Im so handsome (although I certainly could have)

Or 410 yen at your friendly neighborhood konbini.

Anecdote time.

On the morning of my first English lesson 43 came out. So I got up and 5AM and went to Family Mart and picked it and JUMP up (what a beautiful day that was). Then I took a pic of the cover and inserted it into my hobbies. The kids were all perplexed as to which volume it was since they'd never seen it before.

Hmm just got it today. It is incredible to see how popular Kuro still is after all this time (according to those that were polled...he beat Crocodile, and Spandam).

im spanish and i dont get the "cinco" joke :S
    does the word sounds funny outside spain? ^^

chinko means penis in Japanese.

On the morning of my first English lesson 43 came out. So I got up and 5AM and went to Family Mart and picked it and JUMP up (what a beautiful day that was). Then I took a pic of the cover and inserted it into my hobbies. The kids were all perplexed as to which volume it was since they'd never seen it before.
    Hahahahah flippin' sweet man.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information