+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One Piece: A Freudian Analysis

Default One Piece: A Freudian Analysis

What's the deal with the sexually dysfunctional characters in One Piece? Well, my friends, you've come to the right place.
    Luffy - what's the deal with this guy? Sexually immature, or has he not hit puberty yet? He was floored by Nami's Happiness Punch for sure, but when someone like Sube Sube Alvida says she's in love with you, your response should be something other than "I don't care." But regardless, Luffy is probably the most normal crewmember, sexuality-wise.
    Usopp - his sexuality is completely devoted to Kaya. Fairly normal, like Luffy.
    Zoro - Okay, the first one with serious issues. Zoro seems the type who's soured on women, perhaps due to his frustrated feelings towards Kuina at a young age (being unable to defeat a girl, etc.), which seem to resurface around Tashigi. These messed-up feelings about women could lead to homosexuality. Zoro would probably enjoy rough mansex. If he had a woman, the sex would probably also be very rough. It's the dysfunctional connection in his mind between swords/competition and emotion.
    Sanji - promiscuity is sometimes a sign of sexual abuse at a young age. [Insert perverted jokes about Zeff here.] Or perhaps Sanji chases every woman in sight as a way of disguising his possibly bisexual tendencies. Maybe Zeff had a youth experience that led him to revere women; this was passed on to Sanji, who also found women irresistible.
    Chopper - He's fifteen and a reindeer. Leave him alone.
    Nami - the Dominant. Just look at the way she's always beating on the men, asserting herself, acting defiant, and that enormous phallic symbol she carries around.
    Robin - the Submissive. Her tendency towards handcuffs, the "I'll do anything" she had to do to survive, her generally shy nature. Not to mention her suggestive Devil Fruit ability.
    Spandam - this guy definitely has issues about beating women. He probably has a sexual inferiority complex which leads him to abuse his power and position over others.
    Lucci - RAPES WOMEN. HE'S A SADISTIC BASTARD.
    Kaku - actually seems like he would be shy around women. But they probably love him, though.
    Jabura - another guy with an inferiority complex! Tries WAY too hard around women.
    Califa - bisexual dominatrix, hates men, possibly due to a bad experience with them in her past. Enjoys causing pain to men and women alike.

Any others? Add your own!
    President of A.I.D.S.

Default Re: One Piece: A Freudian Analysis

Uh uh.

(seize caractères)

PAULIE- a man that denies the pleasure of skimpy women clothing. He must had a sexy mother. XD

Lucci isn't the rapist, that's totally Arlong.

Since you just shot him to the ground:

Chopper suffers from a major multi-species/bestiality fetish, as evidenced in his actions towards human compliments. He is very antisocial due to his abused and neglected past, not knowing how to properly respond to such comments.

Also, Nami has a strawhat fetish. Seriously.

A very nice analysis of Chopper. Consider his attitude toward sexual situations; he tries to resist, because he knows he's a reindeer and that's F_CKIN' WRONG! xD But seriously. Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by kislio
    Lucci isn't the rapist, that's totally Arlong.
    Arlong = whale fetish xD
    President of A.I.D.S.

Hatchi is tentacle rape personified, but his ministory made me think he's the sort who tries too hard to please.

I don't see Arlong as being a rapist, he's more into other shows of power. But definitely a power freak. The whole "put your name on everything" was a sign too.

Wapol: Oral Fixation. Weaned too early.

Miss Doublefinger seems to be engineered to reject others.

Sanji's womanchasing is massive overcompensation. Sanji x Zoro is likely going on as we speak.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lucci did get a sexual thrill from violence.

THAT WOULD BE F_CKING HILARIOUS!
    LUFFY: Gum Gum Jet--what the hell is that?
    LUCCI: That...is my...LEOPARD PENIS!!
    President of A.I.D.S.

secret identity revealed?! *Meh*'s Avatar

What about Mr. 3's anal retentive nature? Sanji also suffers from an oral fixation in addition to his overcompensation. Robin, deprived of her father before she could form any strong memories of him, may be suffering from a displaced Electra Complex. She equates strong men with her (missing) father, and becomes infatuated with them. Nami, as opposed to being a Dominant female, might simply be suffering from Penis Envy. A more in-depth study of her personal fears, dreams, and motivations is necessary to form a conclusion.
    “We could not be fulfilled if we weren't inauthentic some of the time—inauthentic, that is, in relation to such things as our passing desires to throttle our children, poison our spouse, or end our marriage over a dispute about changing a lightbulb.” – Alain de Botton

Did slippery Alvida say that she loved Luffy?
    Strongest to weakest in Mugiwara: Everyone else > Going Merry > Tangerine Tree > Luffy's seat > Rats > Usopp

Alvida has a dependency issue. She needs a strong man with her to make her feel loved and wanted. Which is why she's with Buggy, who she sees as powerful, though not quite as much as Luffy, who she seems to adore (although it was only implied in the series, not actually proven.)

secret identity revealed?! *Meh*'s Avatar

No one's brought up Pandaman's neurotic need for public recognition.
    “We could not be fulfilled if we weren't inauthentic some of the time—inauthentic, that is, in relation to such things as our passing desires to throttle our children, poison our spouse, or end our marriage over a dispute about changing a lightbulb.” – Alain de Botton

...Or Whitebeard having too much testertone and not hitting puberty yet...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information