Closed Thread

Thread: Do the Poneglyphs have a name?

Default Do the Poneglyphs have a name?

I've been thinking about this and it makes me wonder...

Robin mentions only one Poneglyph by name: The Rio Poneglyph that's supposedly on Raftel.

If that Poneglyph has the true history, and the other poneglyphs so far are descriptions of Weapons, is it possible there's a hidden message we're not catching in this?

Let's take the first letter of each location and assign it to the Poneglyph

Rio: Raftel (supposedly)
    "A" Poneglyph: Alabasta
    "O" Poneglyph: Ohara
    "S" Poneglyph: Skypeia.

ROAS

SOAR is the only word I can make from that. But of course, there's many other Poneglyphs to find out there. Perhaps it's part of a message on how to find the lost kingdom. Oda is a master story-teller, yanno.

Let's add a few letters to our SOAR:

"M" Poneglyph: Marijoi
    "E" Poneglyph: Elbaf
    "G" Poneglyph: Gyojin Island

Now, let's see.

SOARMEG

_REAS___ GO M_______

I'm speculating on the words. But let's pretend I'm right and fill in the blanks:

TREASURE GO MARIJOI

And of course there's millions of other poneglyphs, so:

TO FIND THE REAL TREASURE GO TO MARIJOI

I doubt that's what they say, but...
    Calling it now: Big Mom has the Sui Sui no Mi (Acid Acid Fruit).

Default Re: Do the Poneglyphs have a name?

I thought after skypia robin assumed the rio were all poneglyphs combined.
    After that i wondered if she even recorded all texts she has read so far.

edit:http://forums.cp9.org/showthread.php?t=7268

Volume 32, Chapter 301.

Quote:

Nico Robin:"I was here, and will follow these words to their end."
    "Gol D. Roger, Pirate"
    The Pirate King...?!!
    He was here, in Sky Island?!
    How can he write in that language...?!!
    "I was here, and will follow these words to their end"...
    "Follow these words"...
    ...then, maybe...
    The Rio Poneglyph is...!!!
    Yes... When you take all of the Poneglyphs around the world that contain information,
    they must form one message that can account for the "Lost Years of History."
    The Rio Poneglyph IS that completed message, the book that still does not yet exist.
    The Pirate King, Gol D. Roger... must have arrived at the destination of this message.
    Which means...
    {It means that I must follow the words in all the Poneglyphs
    I have read thus far...
    To the end of the Grand Line...
    RAFTEL!!}
    Last edited by Elric; August 28th, 2006 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by "Fire Fist" Ace
    "S" Poneglyph: Skypeia.
    Which was originally on Jaya, not Skypiea.

"M" Poneglyph: Marijoi
    There are probably quite a few of them at Mariejoa actually; the World Government has probably been working on deciphering them for decades in an attempt to discover what information is hidden inside of them. Provided that they aren't already capable of doing so.

The fact that the Gorosei had Clover shot before he could reveal the name of the Lost Kingdom is a good sign that they already knew what he was talking about. Of course, it's also a bit strange that Crocodile was aware not only that a Poneglyph existed in Alabasta, but that he had a fair idea of the information contained in that Poneglyph is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Elric
    I thought after skypia robin assumed the rio were all poneglyphs combined.
    Well, Rio does mean river after all, which would most likely mean the oldest Poneglyph might be found on the Grand Line somewhere near Reverse Mountain with the last one to be made on Raftel itself. Unless of course Roger managed to tote it from its original location (or his crew; if Whitebeard actually was in it, he would probably be able to carry one).

Come to think of it, I wonder if Sauro's original role in the Buster Call was not so much because of his abilities as a commander, but because he'd be big enough to tote the damn thing aboard one of the battleships after the Marines dug it up out of the rubble. The World Government had to be aware of his good-hearted nature after all.
    Last edited by Ubiq; August 28th, 2006 at 01:30 AM.
    Complicating things since 2009.

But per the marines, that was utterly impossible. They mention during the Ohara BC that explosives wouldn't even scratch the thing, a good indication that a mysterious force roots the poneglyphs to their location. Roger and Whitebeard, being the strongest men in the world, would certainly be able to move it if it was moveable... but I don't think it's that simple.

What I think Robin meant was that Roger took all the info from all the poneglyphs around the world (including the Rio) and combined it in a diary on Raftel. This diary probably tells the true history of the world that had been broken into fragments.

Robin's words from the Jaya/Skypeia Poneglyph just further support my theory. Each poneglyph must have a hidden word or letter that forms part of the true message. It's probably been coded so that the WG can't figure it out, either.
    Calling it now: Big Mom has the Sui Sui no Mi (Acid Acid Fruit).

I personally believe that the Lost History they are concealing isn't a pretty one, but thats just me

Sailing the Rough waters in the back of the dryer

I'm personally hoping the lost kingdom turns out to have actually been evil. If that's the case, I want the poneglyphs to have a confession on them or something: "Now that we're all almost dead, we're really sorry about the slaver and the genocide" or something.
    Riding a Rhino is safer so we Ride a Hippo for Adventure!

~Bobobobo BO-bobo~

PS: I am a big fan of kittens:love:

http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?im...ate=2005-12-25

If the WG has a phoneglyph in their Mariejoa basement, would that makes them looks like hyppcrite? And if the kingdom was evil, then why did the WG tries to cover that up?

Quote Originally Posted by joekido the Second
    If the WG has a phoneglyph in their Mariejoa basement, would that makes them looks like hyppcrite? And if the kingdom was evil, then why did the WG tries to cover that up?
    I dunno, I'm just so tired of hearing how great ancient societies were.

South America was a great place before the spanish came! Well, Ok, except for that thing where the priests would skin a woman alive and wear her skin so they'd have breasts for when they prayed to the godess. The Native Americans were great! Except for the part where the'd capture people from other tribes and torture them for fun.

Ancient is not better. Ancient is brutal and stupid. I just wish popular culturew would reflect that occasionally.

That said, of course, I'm not gonna be pissed or anything if Oda goes the other way. I just always want to see the stuff I like be atypycal, is all.

~Bobobobo BO-bobo~

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Ms. Suave Debonair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voodzik
    I dunno, I'm just so tired of hearing how great ancient societies were.

South America was a great place before the spanish came! Well, Ok, except for that thing where the priests would skin a woman alive and wear her skin so they'd have breasts for when they prayed to the godess. The Native Americans were great! Except for the part where the'd capture people from other tribes and torture them for fun.

Ancient is not better. Ancient is brutal and stupid. I just wish popular culturew would reflect that occasionally.

This is One Piece. This isn't real life.....

Back on topic. Don't take this the wrong way but this is a very, very long shot so long I don't think it would even be a dot on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad-Beat

Back on topic. Don't take this the wrong way but this is a very, very long shot so long I don't think it would even be a dot on the horizon.
    Oh, good point dude. I hope sooner now Oda would explain the ancient Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Bad-Beat

On the other hand, this is Oda. What I'm really expecting is something so far out neither of us expected it.

~Bobobobo BO-bobo~

im sorry i know this is way off, but i was reading through this thread enjoying it, and i happen to read "joekido the second" signature...pure comedy right there :)

Quote Originally Posted by "Fire Fist" Ace
    But per the marines, that was utterly impossible. They mention during the Ohara BC that explosives wouldn't even scratch the thing, a good indication that a mysterious force roots the poneglyphs to their location.
    Or it could be an indication that they're carved on a rock that isn't easy to blow up. There's no evidence that supports the idea that the Poneglyphs are mystically bound to one place (though, to be fair, there isn't any evidence to the contrary either).

If nothing else, the fact that one of them was hurled up to Skypiea from Jaya means that they can be moved from their original location. That might mean digging up a large section of earth to see what it's rooted to, but the World Government is easily capable of that.
    Complicating things since 2009.

If we use 'Rio' in its sense as 'river', couldn't it be referring to the "stream" of information flowing through the Poneglyphs? I'm not saying that they somehow communicate with each other. I mean that the 'True History' is made up of various words, sentences, or even fragments from each poneglyph.

It's been suggested before that the people of the "Ancient Civilization" turned into the Devil Fruits. What if the World Government turned them into Devil Fruits to eliminate them? Oh, the cliche`!

Luffy: I-it's horrible..

Makino: It's going to be alright, Luffy.

Luffy: Makino..you've got to tell them. If they get away with this, who knows what they'll do next. Y-you've got to..tell them.

Makino: Tell them what?

Luffy: <wheezing and gasping> Tell them.. that Akuma no Mi is people.

Makino: Luffy..

Luffy: Akuma no Mi is people! AKUMA NO MI IS PEOPLE!
    To lose every trace of our vices would be no different than to lose every trace of our virtues. We would lose our humanity either way.

I don't think they have a name.

If they do, you are free to eat my pants.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .Credo quia absurdum non credere. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Carly
    I don't think they have a name.
    I do. I think it's Gerry. (Or possibly Fred.)

~Bobobobo BO-bobo~

Don't forget Bill the Poneglyph. Gerry, Fred and Bill are pretty equally liked among us fans but I think Fred the Poneglyph lacks of character developement.

Nah, he'll get fleshed out later when we meet his brother, Lucas.

~Bobobobo BO-bobo~

Closed Thread

Thread Information