+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Detective Conan (Case Closed)

Default Re: Detective Conan (Cased Closed).

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek
    Oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man oh maaaaannnn~!!!!

I sure do love this manga. It's so long and addicting like crank, but I can't find enough of it. :/

I'm under the impression that not too many people around here are mystery/horror fans, but still, there might be a couple outliers in the mix!
    scans for all chapters of the manga seem to be here if you want em

http://conan.wagnergrp.com/

i never felt like reading this manga, sounds average to me. and a bit childish. but i must be wrong, seeing how a lot of people are enjoying it.

prophet

Yep, it's long and addicting.
    I like the whole surching for indications/discussing the motive/finding the proof - thing.
    But IMO there is a huge variety of the quality of the cases, especially in the anime, and the main storyline could develop faster.
    I still love it.
    "Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent."
    Sherlock Holmes,
    A Case of Identity

Spelling mistakes are special effects.

Resident of a Padded Cell Takato Metallium's Avatar
    hiding in Usopp's carrybag *coughpursecough*

I have an original Japanese Conan manga that I got off a guy in high school, at least six years ago or so. Apparently he was sorting out his manga collection and one of my friends told me.

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

I first saw the anime on Adult Swim, not knowing that the title was originally Detective Conan.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

I enjoyed it very much during its run on Adult Swim...too bad they stoppes showing new episodes after a point.

I don't think I would be able to stand to read something as mind jumbling as detective stories. So if I wear to ever seen anymore of Conan it would be of the FUNimation dub. Yes, I don't think I could even handle subtitles on this type of series.

DA CRIME OF THE CENT'RY Captain Kaze's Avatar

Love this series. Was my favorite, infact, before I started reading past the Viz releases of One Piece.

J-WALKING

It's on the 4 hour block of Funimation TV I get on Dish on the Colours TV channel. Haven't watched alot of it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    Good thing that everytime I'm afraid I'll have the will to live I can browse Arlong Park have it utterly eliminated

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

WAIT A MINUTE!

I was reading a Conan chapter and thinking, "who scanslates this anyway? Must be a defunct group..." then I looked at the back of the chapter and what did I find?

[NULL]

Man, NULL is once again my hero. Let us all make a pilgrimage to IRC!

Captain Smoker Fangirl~! SereneCrimson's Avatar

WOOO CONAN~!
    *sets off fireworks*
    Conan is my favourite series, I've watched about a good 60% of the anime, a good ... 15% of the manga.. and all 10 movies.
    My two favourite characters are Hattori Heiji and Kaitou Kid

I also refuse to call it by "Case Closed" as the dub infuriates me with 90% of the characters getting name changes and horrid voices.
    Last edited by SereneCrimson; September 21st, 2006 at 08:16 PM.

I wouldn't mind watching more of it beyond what was shown on adult swim. Does anyone know where to get the dub via torrent or IRC?

I've been reading for about five days now and I'm only on volume fourteen. Sheesh...

Hey, I just read about Conan's father being drunk and having lipstick on his shirt; you lot don't think...? OH SHI-

Recently started the manga and loving it :D.
    Just curious does anyone know where to find Vol. 8+ of the manga that Blink worked on?

Not sure about "Blink" but you can find most of the DC chapters at MangaViewer.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Grab the phallic object! Miss White day's Avatar

oh wow, I can't believe I miss a thread like that.

I just love Detective Conan. I've been reading it since forever in french. Ages before it became a hit in english.
    I'm up to volume 45 and I probably should update since 51 got out a few months ago.

I really need to buy more manga.
    Fans make the fandom. What is your fandom made of?

I do like Detective Conan but i hate those bad name changes

Kamen Rider OOOs

The Other White Meat Capt Haggis's Avatar

Big DC fan since I first saw cased closed on Swim (pityh it didn't seem to do well enough for a second season) Just wish I noticed this thread sooner. I just reread the series and now I got to go though this...

Quote Originally Posted by Aethos View Post
    scans for all chapters of the manga seem to be here if you want em

http://conan.wagnergrp.com/
    and see if they have the cases that for me were only 1 or (worse) 2 out of 3 chapters of a case. I do know it seems to have the later stuff so it's a good sign.
    Your daily heaping helping of haggis.

^In the US version?

The Other White Meat Capt Haggis's Avatar

Well translated at least. Got to say the chapter list makes it easier to find missing chapters. :)
    Your daily heaping helping of haggis.

Thanks to that site that was linked to I think I'm gonna read it. But I just started reading the Trigun manga, so gotta finish that first.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information