+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Detective Conan (Case Closed)

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Default Re: Detective Conan (Cased Closed).

Just because I didn't say so earlier, the best DC chapters are those involving Kid the Phantom Thief; they're easily the most exciting, followed up by Black Organization related material, thefts, and then the murders, which are the most inane.

Frankly, I'm sick and tired of Vermouth's stupid catchphrase, "a secret is what makes a woman a woman". Man, I wish Ener could fry her with an El Thor everytime she says that idiotic sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss White day View Post
    I just love Detective Conan. I've been reading it since forever in french. Ages before it became a hit in english.
    It's actually not a very high seller in English; Viz has its best translators workinig on DC since it's extremely hard to localize and is VERY long, but there isn't that much appeal since American manga readers apparently don't like detective stories. :/
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

The Other White Meat Capt Haggis's Avatar

Yeah Kid cases are great, though for me Heiji is number 2.

Personaly I think the problem is most people don't understand how many topic manga cover. After all american comics are for the most part all action. I know before I really got in to manga (Heck even after) I had no idea there would be ones based on cooking or sports.
    Your daily heaping helping of haggis.

Yes, Y!! Japan shocked us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    Just because I didn't say so earlier, the best DC chapters are those involving Kid the Phantom Thief; they're easily the most exciting, followed up by Black Organization related material, thefts, and then the murders, which are the most inane.

Frankly, I'm sick and tired of Vermouth's stupid catchphrase, "a secret is what makes a woman a woman". Man, I wish Ener could fry her with an El Thor everytime she says that idiotic sentence.

It's actually not a very high seller in English; Viz has its best translators workinig on DC since it's extremely hard to localize and is VERY long, but there isn't that much appeal since American manga readers apparently don't like detective stories. :/
    lol the way she says that in the anime makes me laugh so much XD

everything relates to BO and Kid are the best ones XD

I love this series, but there's just too many chapters for me to keep up with, all 589 fabulous chapters of brainbusters.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    I wouldn't mind watching more of it beyond what was shown on adult swim. Does anyone know where to get the dub via torrent or IRC?
    I'm the same way, i first saw it on Adult Swim, would be nice if i can find out if there is dubbing for this

I <3 Detective Conan. I've seen all the movies, most of the TV series, and read all the manga out so far.

Got a big plushie of the little runt sitting on top of my TV.

I also agree with Kid being the best. Well, Kid and Heiji. They both rock.

Ok....

now...I've read the first 7 volumes(what a great read) on MSN Groups, which was a blast! I really like it. Problem is I can NOT find scanlations anywhere.

PS: I refuse to follow a link to a site, because the last Detective Conan download site gave my spyware and adware.

Recommendations?

In the end, there is only one Truth... Conan Rocks XD
    I've been watching the anime, mostly because they filler it up a lot, and Surprizingly they have a team who can Write GREAT Filler!!
    I've been watching the series in order with the movies Speckled in where they originally played (like Kaizoku does with the OP movies) so right now im on Movie 3: The Last Magician of the Century, and then I got to eo 140!
    Also, Movie 3 is Awesome, and as I'm seeing a lot of Kaitou Kid and Heiji Love here, I reccomend it to you all. for those of you who read the manga, It takes place right after Ai Haibara first appears (other than her name, I wont say anything so I wont ruin it)
    but Basically, the Movie has a Crime by the Kaktou Kid and Shinichi and Heiji have to work TOGETHER to solve it!! ^_^

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Detective Conan is totally awesome. I´ve read ALL chapters so far (except for the last one that needs to get translated) and I can spoilerfree asure you, that the quality of the series doesn´t drop.

What I like most about the series is that large main story line that pops up every now and then only to be delayed again by minor case´s that by themselves are very entertaining. On that field it is the same as One Piece actually. It really is a great series and me is waiting for my next fix already.

I want to try reading the manga but the last time I downloaded a chapter the quality was really bad. So how much of the manga is bad quality, because I can ignore it for a few volumes but if its too many then I won't even bother.

I've also seen all the movies and most of the show and personally my favorite is the main character, Shinichi Kudo. Kaito Kid is cool and all but he seems to always know everything at all times, even people like Shinichi and Heiji struggle with things.

Quote Originally Posted by GearSecond View Post
    Ok....

now...I've read the first 7 volumes(what a great read) on MSN Groups, which was a blast! I really like it. Problem is I can NOT find scanlations anywhere.

PS: I refuse to follow a link to a site, because the last Detective Conan download site gave my spyware and adware.

Recommendations?
    Check the first page. ;)

BTW, just curious do you recommend watching ALL the movies? Cuz I saw one where that teen guy whose from Osaka or something helping them solve some kind of theft/forgery and that Kaito Kid was in it, but it wasn't all interesting IIRC.

The movies past four are all good IMO. One through four are meh.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Here's a question for you lot.

On Wikipedia, the DC article says Kid figured out Conan's identity. Now, I originally got into DC for three reasons:

1. To see the bath scene where Conan gets a bloody nose.
    2. To prepare myself for solving the mystery of Higgy.
    3. To find out when/how/where/why Kid knows Conan's identity.

In regard to #3, of all the Kid conflicts with Conan I never saw Kid figure out Conan's identity. That could have happened in the anime but I'm not sure; did I simply miss when that happened in the manga, or has it yet to occur?
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

The Other White Meat Capt Haggis's Avatar

Spoiler:

It happened in one of the movies (2 or 3 I belive) Basicaly Conan helped Kid and Kid payed him back by appearing in front of Ran in disguise.

In the manga it's never been confirmed, but Conan always faces him by himself so he may have figured it out.

Edit: Yay did it right.
    Your daily heaping helping of haggis.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman-12 View Post
    Check the first page. ;)

BTW, just curious do you recommend watching ALL the movies? Cuz I saw one where that teen guy whose from Osaka or something helping them solve some kind of theft/forgery and that Kaito Kid was in it, but it wasn't all interesting IIRC.
    i think u watched the crappy ova..

and yes...all the movies are good :)

Has movie 10 been released yet?

AniStash.com has it I belive.

This thread is my hero /sob

I can't find anyone who's got every episode of Detective Conan and cause of this, I'm stuck with AConan. A subbing group, which is really slow but good quality on Detective Conan episodes. They are only around episode 106 and I'm still waiting for 107 but if it weren't for this long wait, I'd watch every episode in a heart beat. I watched every movie except for ten so far and they were all my favorite movies but the first one. I didnt' get to finish it either but it seemed like it would be better for a a couple of episodes rather then a movie.

I found MQ eps with optional HK subs that have been reworded by someone to actually make sense. I just shut the subs off and watch Raw

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information