+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 410 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: The PlayStation Thread

Default Re: Sony Hit & Misses

Umm that could be annoying, can you turn that off at times? Cause I dont keep my hands still, when i play a game. I do alot of other things while playing video games, like eating and watching tv.
    You have more than one tv in a room?
    Avatar provided by Ferntree on DeviantArt.

I dunno, Seems like Sixaxis is kinda a gimmick, i mean you don't "HAVE TO USE IT ALL THE TIME"

and developers can just forget about it, only letting it get implemented in a few games

D:

I dunno, Seems like Sixaxis is kinda a gimmick, i mean you don't "HAVE TO USE IT ALL THE TIME"
    Same goes for the Wii. Twilight Princess for example, the aiming system can be turned off I believe. However, I think the pointer feature consumes more battery life, so that may also have been taken into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Lawliet View Post
    Same goes for the Wii. Twilight Princess for example, the aiming system can be turned off I believe. However, I think the pointer feature consumes more battery life, so that may also have been taken into consideration.

Yes, but you still use the Controller for motion sensing to begin with

unlike the ps3 controller which is just a controller with a tacked on feature

Wii's features aren't tacked on
    Thats the major difference

the ps3 controller which is just a controller with a tacked on feature
    Like analog sticks?

(reminds me how I used to be a huge anti-analog stick guy... stupid me)

Well, I for one think "stealing" this feature from Nintendo was a very good move. It will make playing games more fun - Lair looks like it will make a great use of it.

Err... yeah.. can anyone explain to me how to use they're going to impliment the controller's motion sensing besides like driving (or using the force to throw eggs to make birds)? It kinda seems... rather odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Lawliet View Post
    Err... yeah.. can anyone explain to me how to use they're going to impliment the controller's motion sensing besides like driving (or using the force to throw eggs to make birds)? It kinda seems... rather odd to me.
    Carpel tunnel...

Read up on it. The videos of how it can be implemented were available from the day it was revealed.

Might I suggest a site that may help: www.google.com

You know it'd be great if there was such a thing as a Playstation 3 discussion that didn't break out into a Wii vs PS3 discussion.

Sony's done a bunch right.

Sony should have exploited the technical superiority in their television spots.

end
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    Good thing that everytime I'm afraid I'll have the will to live I can browse Arlong Park have it utterly eliminated

Quote Originally Posted by raj View Post
    You know it'd be great if there was such a thing as a Playstation 3 discussion that didn't break out into a Wii vs PS3 discussion.

But this topic is about Sony's Fuck up's and Do good's
    i've been seeing less of the latter

Sony should have exploited the technical superiority in their television spot
    Making babies cry is really really bad..

yes i get the message in the ad's
    but aren't ads suppose to hit hard and fast
    not leave you thinking for ten mins and go
    "OHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Quote Originally Posted by raj View Post

Sony's done a bunch right.

Sony should have exploited the technical superiority in their television spots.

end
    Technical superiority does not mean it's gonna be a worthwhile product.

Otherwhise, why aren't you posting this on an Amiga or a NeXT cube or a BeBox?

But this topic is about Sony's Fuck up's and Do good's
    i've been seeing less of the latter
    I've seen few fuck ups. What I have seen are people taking cheap shots and/or making a big deal out of some facts that are historically natural for video game systems.

As if system shortages were a big deal.

I'm not getting this. Sony has a target of PS3's they want shipped by early next year. Thus far, they seem on target. The RATE at which they are capable of doing so is in question. But so long as they can meet the goal of units shipped, I don't understand teh hate for unit shortages. If there is a demand for the product and they sell them when they're released, then there isn't a big deal.

If having a unit shortage is truly an abominable crime, then the Nintendo DS Lite is Hitler.

I challenge you to attempt to buy a DS Lite in Japan. IT'S HARD AS HELL!!!

And yet...everyone's sprinkling Nintendo with flowers while casting Sony into the depths of Hell for the same issue.

I don't get it -_-

The problem will be this:

On launch day (oh yeah, that's today!!!) if units are sitting on shelves, and no one wants them. That would be a sure sign of weakness.

I see no indication of such.

And as far as bitching about the controller or its potential.

Guys.....seriously? You're complaining about something you haven't tried and even designers haven't fully exploited? Come on, that's a low blow.

Agreed. Their rubick's cube commercial was lame. The egg commercial is the first one that as a young consumer, watching would interest me in the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I've seen few fuck ups

I guess it really is subjective then
    meh

*sips tea*

Quote Originally Posted by Bounty1Berry View Post
    Nor should it. It's just something that should be exploited, since it's one of Sony's edges. Not showing a baby crying. You know, actually showing in game gameplay, BluRay, etc etc etc. And obvisously show the software.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    Good thing that everytime I'm afraid I'll have the will to live I can browse Arlong Park have it utterly eliminated

Quote Originally Posted by --MRED-- View Post

I guess it really is subjective then
    meh

*sips tea*
    http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=7209

For a company of supposed mishaps, that's a pretty strong following.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I'm not getting this. Sony has a target of PS3's they want shipped by early next year. Thus far, they seem on target. The RATE at which they are capable of doing so is in question. But so long as they can meet the goal of units shipped, I don't understand teh hate for unit shortages. If there is a demand for the product and they sell them when they're released, then there isn't a big deal.
    Well, there are two issues:

1. They've been planning this launch for a fair amount of time. It's a huge product for them with a lot of money riding on it. You'd expect them to have done a LOT of research and ensure they're coming pretty close to saturating early market demand at or very close to launch date. It's unclear if they have. Given the marketplaces in Japan and the US, and their sizes, I find it hard to believe that they only expect to sell one-fifth as many PS3s in Japan as in the US.

2. If they drain all their stocks within the first few days of launch, and their production rate is low, refilling the supply chain is going to be slow and result in angry customers.

I challenge you to attempt to buy a DS Lite in Japan. IT'S HARD AS HELL!!!

And yet...everyone's sprinkling Nintendo with flowers while casting Sony into the depths of Hell for the same issue.
    Some differences:

1. The PS3's reliance on some limited-supply parts (like in the Blu-ray drive) is going to make it difficult to try and ramp up production. There's not much complicated, expensive, or rare in a DS by comparison, so they could probably produce more easily.

2. As mentioned above, the supply shortages seem to be, while perhaps PARTIALLY limited by manufacturing capacity, a marketing thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bounty1Berry View Post
    1. The PS3's reliance on some limited-supply parts (like in the Blu-ray drive) is going to make it difficult to try and ramp up production. There's not much complicated, expensive, or rare in a DS by comparison, so they could probably produce more easily.

...But the DS Lite's been out for a while. If it's still hard to buy, wouldn't that make it worse for Nintendo's case, seeing as how they're not limited by production?

They could've atleast put region free for Ps2 but oh well, It's region free for PS3 games so I don't care too much. Anyways looks like Swap Magic is still in business.

Brawl FC: 3823 8204 8139

To go along with that miss, here's particularly awesome hit.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/745/745265p1.html

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information