+ Reply to Thread
Page 410 of 410 FirstFirst ... 310 360 400 408 409 410
Results 8,181 to 8,200 of 8200

Thread: The PlayStation Thread

Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

It says 20 pre-loaded virtual discs implying that maybe its library can actually expand or just be downloaded like from PSN? I don't understand the appeal considering the PS3 is still backwards-compatible with PS1 and is already pretty tiny.

If you own a PS3 already, sure. But those aren't really sold new anymore, and certainly not at places like Wallmart.

Yes, you can obviously pick up one used for about 100 bucks if you know specifically to look for it, and you're aware that it's backwards compatible and can serve as a PS1, but that's not the casual nostalgia market being targeted.

Same way you could get all the NES and SNES games on an emulator or PI years ago and run them no problem, and yet....

There's a big difference between being able to emulate and wanting to own things legit and in a way that hooks up to modern HDTVs. Hell you don't even need a PS3; a PS2 will do. Who has nostalgia for PS1 and DOESN'T own a PS2 (or PS3) or know how to get one? It won't do HDMI but it still supports Component as well as Composite. And then you can still use a real Dualshock controller.

But if your whole argument hinges on "this product targets ignorant morons" then we agree.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Now we just need Xbox classic (not really)
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Am I the only one that finds the non-RPG PSX games to be some of the worst-aged? And even those are clunky.

N64, too, for the most part. Can't describe how depressing it was to get ready to play some old-school Goldeneye and then...blllleeehhh

I feel like it totally varies game by game in both cases. Revisited some N64 games on Wii U Virtual Console semi-recently and they felt fine. Similarly for some PSX games, even Ape Escape. But I haven't tried playing Goldeneye in a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    But if your whole argument hinges on "this product targets ignorant morons" then we agree.
    If you are on a forum talking about video games, you are not the target audience for this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Am I the only one that finds the non-RPG PSX games to be some of the worst-aged? And even those are clunky.

N64, too, for the most part. Can't describe how depressing it was to get ready to play some old-school Goldeneye and then...blllleeehhh
    Also the Sega Saturn and its many games lost to the ages due to Sega being idiots and not keeping their assets and code available....

Things that did high quality 2D aged fine, (Like Castlevania SoTN) or just did 2D style things with a 3D prerendered map (like many RPGs did).

Most things that tried to do actual straight up 3D aged really, really badly though, especially if it was going for a realistic look. Even the cartoony Mario and Zelda games look pretty bad by any standard past the time they were released. Starfox 64 aged okay. but that's mostly because you can directly compare it to the SNES version trying to do the same things and that looks way worse.

I just want a remake or sequel (direct or spiritual) of Unholy War personally, but that's completely lost to the era. And the Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver games with a Dark Souls coat of paint would be great.

MGS1 is probably the best looking 3D non-RPG PS1 game. Which isn't saying much, just denoting it as a charming trash fire as opposed to an awful trash fire like the rest.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    Now we just need Xbox classic (not really)
    I'm counting the days til Dreamcast Classic happens.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Where is the Switch classic

Was this before or after the motion sickness kicked in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Where is the Switch classic
    I thought the Switch was already a Wii U Classic.

How many Gamecubes taped together is the Switch?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    How many Gamecubes taped together is the Switch?
    One, but you need to tape on a portable generator and the mini tv screen accessory

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Oh and lets not forget the Ouya Classic
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

PSP Classic out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    PSP Classic out of nowhere.
    ...y'know, that one could actually be pretty good.

Of course, I'm guessing every PSP in the wild by this point is a homebrew with every game ever on it anyways.

Of course, I'm guessing every PSP in the wild by this point is a homebrew with every game ever on it anyways.
    Mine is still a legit console.

With a broken left arrow button which makes basically everything unplayable.

PSP Classic just comes with an emulator suite already loaded on and Peace Walker.

Sony with their response to XBOX's All-Access: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018...ps4-ps2-games/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information